• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My baby can fly!

Charlietoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
I’ve had my Goffins cockatoo for 8 months now, got her when she was about 4 months old. She’s a year old this month! The breeder unfortunately clipped her wings before giving her to me and she hasn’t been able to fly unless she’s startled. I call it her eject button

Tonight she flew to me when I called her! I’m so excited. My little girl is growing up. Next step - get her to stop hand feeding (we are doing abundance weaning but this girl seems like she’ll want me to feed her for eternity).

Does anyone have tips for teaching her to stay? She’s using her newfound skill for both good and evil and flying to my partner unprompted to bite her

Attachments

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
She is so cute! :heart:

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Aww, congratulations!! :heart: But wait, you are still hand-feeding a year old bird? And I thought my lovebirds took forever to wean!......Well good luck with that, I know how hard it is!!

Charlietoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
Aww, congratulations!! :heart: But wait, you are still hand-feeding a year old bird? And I thought my lovebirds took forever to wean!......Well good luck with that, I know how hard it is!!
Yes, still hand feeding :shrug: it feels never ending but I don’t want to push her until she’s ready. Which may be never at this rate!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
She's gorgeous! And wow, flying!