• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Azon's Cage just broke need new one

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
The wheel to my Orange Winged's cage just broke off and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a really good deal on a solid cage that will last? I'm in NYC. 20200101_223820.jpg

Attachments

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
20191220_102837.jpg I just bought the red cage online from Petco for $130, with free shipping. I have three Green Cheeks in it and they have lots of room, if that gives you an idea of the size.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
If you know anyone who can weld that, it will fix it. I bent the leg caster, it actually had a slight tear above the wheel on one of my cages (from wheeling it outside over the door way bump ) and my other half was able to weld it, then I touched the area up with paint that came with my cages. (Avian Adventures)

Hope you can save the expense of buying another cage.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Casters can be replaced easily, and much cheaper than a new cage.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Was just thinking.... you could always go to a store like Ace Hardware or Harbor Fright Tools and see if you can find a new wheel, although you might need 4. Take one with you.

Would not recommend the flight cage. (I would for anything *UP TO* a medium sized conure, but not an amazon! :) ).

If you really want to replace the cage, then might help knowing what exactly you are looking for in a cage? I have my mitred in a 32x23 dome top YML cage. My ex-brother in law originally bought it off of Ebay. After he rehomed his bird, I took the cage. (which was a downgrade from the 40x30 I first got for him!). He's 280 grams.

I don't know the quality but there's always the Petco Mink Brown cage that's 30x30, or A&E/HQ cages, or Kings Cages.... Kings usually has a good reputation, but often tend to be more expensive.