• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Amazon sips milk coffee by mistake

thegolde

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello
I have read in a number of articles and forums that Coffee is toxic and can be fatal.

My amazon, when I had looked away for 2 seconds, dropped my day old coffee cup that also has got sugar in it and found a drop or two on his beak as well.
Does anyone know if I should be worried and what would be the symptoms that I should look out for?

he wouldn't drink any water immediately after and wouldn't take shower. Happened like 20 mins ago. please help/ suggest.

Thanks heaps

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I would watch your bird closely. If you see any changes of behaviour I would take your amazon to the vet. Coffee can be very dangerous, as you read.

I am sorry this happened and I know you are very stressed, as it was clearly an accident. Do your best to remain calm and not worry your parrot, just be watchful and mindful. It may also help to call a vet now, and let them know what has happened. In the event you need to rush in, it is better that they are expecting you.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Uffff, these birbs! They think 'everything yours is mine'... I remember, my niece's tiel took a plunge in chocolate cake within a fraction of second. Hope your baby is safe... I sincerely hope the amount of coffee is too less to cause any damage.

thegolde

I would watch your bird closely. If you see any changes of behaviour I would take your amazon to the vet. Coffee can be very dangerous, as you read.

I am sorry this happened and I know you are very stressed, as it was clearly an accident. Do your best to remain calm and not worry your parrot, just be watchful and mindful. It may also help to call a vet now, and let them know what has happened. In the event you need to rush in, it is better that they are expecting you.
Thank you. :piedlovie:
Yes, Been monitoring closely. His poop appears normal as well. Hope after monitoring through night and another day and if all is well, I can start to be less worried.

thegolde

Uffff, these birbs! They think 'everything yours is mine'... I remember, my niece's tiel took a plunge in chocolate cake within a fraction of second. Hope your baby is safe... I sincerely hope the amount of coffee is too less to cause any damage.
I know.. so far been okay. thanks for checking :piedlovie:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Give us an update when you can :fingerscrossed:

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
My 38 year old BFA used to drink coffee all the time. That was in the 80's before I knew it was not good for him. He was a baby and HAD to have everything I did. He hasn't had any for at least 35 years. He survived and is thriving.