• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Albino Cockatiel Dosen't Look Right

Animus7685

Moving in
I just got an Albino cockatiel from a breeder and I bought him/her from the breeder just like this out of sadness for the creature. I Can't tell if its healthy because I'm new to this but I have a couple questions. Why does it have yellowish markings and why is it bald and will it grow the feathers back

Attachments

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He needs a avian vet appt to see if anything is wrong, how old is he?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The bald patch could be from siblings or parents plucking him in which case they will just grow back. Or it could just be from inbreeding which is quite common with 'ino' tiels and will be with him forever.
The patches look like stains possibly from damaged blood feathers. Don't panic they have obviously healed.
He needs a avian vet appt to see if anything is wrong, how old is he?
Fully agreed, even just to put your mind at rest.

Animus7685

Moving in
The bald patch could be from siblings or parents plucking him in which case they will just grow back. Or it could just be from inbreeding which is quite common with 'ino' tiels and will be with him forever.
The patches look like stains possibly from damaged blood feathers. Don't panic they have obviously healed.

Fully agreed, even just to put your mind at rest.
If it is a blood feather will it stay that yellowish color?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden