• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mute Eclectus

Kamigirl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tammy
Shakira my female was bought for my husband……she hates him and charges the cage and growls at him. She has bonded to me which is fine. She is 19 years old and has never talked. She only honks! Any idea why?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Some birds like to make noise and some don’t. Not all birds will mimic our speech. My guess would be that she may not have heard or had the need to learn how to mimic humans in her earlier life.
What is her reaction to other Ekkie sounds?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Eclectus parrots are not known for being proficient speakers. Even some amazons and African greys never say a word. Each bird is an individual.

Kamigirl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tammy
Some birds like to make noise and some don’t. Not all birds will mimic our speech. My guess would be that she may not have heard or had the need to learn how to mimic humans in her earlier life.
What is her reaction to other Ekkie sounds?
We dont have another eclectus but she doesnt react to our other parents. In fact, Either she hides under paper or in a box in her cage. Thr door is left open when I’m home. She loves the box and she stays in there alot. She does come out when im in the room and she does come out to eat. Considering removing the box….any thoughts

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think that box is giving nesting ideas, which can lead to aggression... Of course I am no expert.