• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mutation??

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Hello everyone. I got my first pair of Lovebird and they decided to have babies. However, looking to the babies I got some concerns about mutations. I know the gender of my pair and I believe I know their type. Male = Seagreen (Turquoise), Female Creamino. I read about this mutation so if the male is not slip to Ino all babies will be looking exactly like him. My surprise is one apparently is going to Yellow but not Creamino because is not red eyes or pink legs. Could someone help me to discover what’s happening. See attached pictures. Thanks

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue,

they decided to have babies
They didn´t decide anything. Us humans are responsible for birth control in the form of switching out any eggs.

Seagreen (Turquoise)
No. Seagreen is AquaTurquoise.

Using the genetics calculator you will see what chicks you have the possiblity to hatch;

Remember, your birds could be split for things that are not visual and so they will be a surprise once you see a chick with that mutation.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Welcome to the Avenue,

They didn´t decide anything. Us humans are responsible for birth control in the form of switching out any eggs.

Using the genetics calculator you will see what chicks you have the possiblity to hatch;

Remember, your birds could be split for things that are not visual and so they will be a surprise once you see a chick with that mutation.
Thank you for the information. I will try to see how the calculator works. What is the difference between seagreen and Aquaturquoise?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What is the difference between seagreen and Aquaturquoise?
Seagreen is a common name. AquaTurquoise is the correct way to describe the mutation.
There are quite a few mutations that have a different term associated. For eg. Blue DD is sometimes refered to as ¨Mauve¨.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Seagreen is a common name. AquaTurquoise is the correct way to describe the mutation.
There are quite a few mutations that have a different term associated. For eg. Blue DD is sometimes refered to as ¨Mauve¨.
Thanks Zara.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Thanks Zara.
Welcome to the Avenue,

Hi Zara, just sharing the chicks pictures now.

Attachments

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very beautiful! :) Will you be keeping them all?

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Very beautiful! :) Will you be keeping them all?
Hi, I’m planning to keep one ☝ preferably a male, a friend asked for one, so I would need to find a home only for one or trade it for another chick that will be the partner of the one I’m keeping. Thinking in Blue Line split ino maybe, but is still to soon I first would like to know what mutation is that chick showing no idea what split the parents had.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
At first glance looks like the light baby is also CINNAMON. That would mean the Dad is split to the Cinnamon mutation, and that baby is a girl.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
At first glance looks like the light baby is also CINNAMON. That would mean the Dad is split to the Cinnamon mutation, and that baby is a girl.
Thanks you Zara.
It is a Female (DNA tested), exactly like you said.
Two female , one Male.

One female was adopted by a friend. I am not sure if I will keep both or just one.

Could you recommend which one to keep, The Cinnamon female or the Aquaturquoise male.

What would be the best future partner for the one to keep?

thanks again Zara you are the expert

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks you Zara.
No need to thank me, it was Anfsurfer who gave you the information.

thanks again Zara you are the expert
I´m not an expert, and again, it was another member who was able to provide you the information regarding the mutation.
The name of the member who replied i always on the left of the posts.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Pretty babies :)

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
They are gorgeous babies :heart:

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Thanks!!

Yes, it is a female (DNA tested).
In total they were two females & one male.

One female was adopted by a friend. I am not sure if I will keep both or just one.

Could you recommend which one to keep, The Cinnamon female or the Aquaturquoise male Slip ino

Thank you. Best regards

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Could you recommend which one to keep, The Cinnamon female or the Aquaturquoise male Slip ino
I'm not sure what your intentions are for keeping one? If you're keeping one as a pet, then keep the one you interact with better. If you're keeping one to breed, then decide what mutations you're wanting to breed and select the bird that is best for your breeding plans.
Finding a partner goes along the same lines....find a bird that will provide you with the quality and mutations you're breeding for.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
I'm not sure what your intentions are for keeping one? If you're keeping one as a pet, then keep the one you interact with better. If you're keeping one to breed, then decide what mutations you're wanting to breed and select the bird that is best for your breeding plans.
Finding a partner goes along the same lines....find a bird that will provide you with the quality and mutations you're breeding for.
Hello, thanks for your reply. I do want to breed them but I don’t know much about mutation to select a good partner for them. I guess I need to read a lot. thanks again. Attached recent picture of parents and chicks.

Attachments