• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mutation

malibu

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maddie
I was wondering what mutation do you think my lovie is?
I was pretty sure she was a creamino but she now has a bit of a light peach colour between her eyes but not enough that she is an australian cinnamon. Im not sure what the parents were since when I picked her up her and her siblings were in their own cage since they were handfed and the adults were in an aviary.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Your bird looks to be Creamino.

Australian Cinnamon is :ypflb: ,like my Sydney - very different :)

A very beautiful bird you have too :swoon:

malibu

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maddie
Thank you thats what I thought. I just got confused because I assumed creaminos didn't have any peach or red colouring

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you thats what I thought. I just got confused because I assumed creaminos didn't have any peach or red colouring
Depending on which of the blue series mutations that the bird has along with the lutino mutation, the bird will show different amounts of white and yellow in the body as well as peach in the forehead. Then, if the bird also has a pied mutation or violet mutation, the coloring will change further. It is very difficult to identify some of these with certainty without knowing about the bird's parents. That is why you will see so many birds listed as creamino that look slightly different if you look very closely.