• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mutation Identification

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
Can someone identify the mutation of my lovebird?

Goosey1.jpg Goosey3.jpg

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
@Zara... can help. I hesitate to suggest 'olive blue front'.. So wait for her knowledge!
Can you send one of a rump color? Also not sure if the tail feather color helps to identify.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
DD AquaTurquoise would be my thoughts.
The double dark factors will take away the yellow from the beak and make the rump so grey and dull.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Have we spoken before about this bird? I´m sure of it. You adopted him, right? How are you getting on with his cage set up etc accomodating for his foot? I´d love to read about it :)

BirdLady13

Have we spoken before about this bird? I´m sure of it. You adopted him, right? How are you getting on with his cage set up etc accomodating for his foot? I´d love to read about it :)
Honestly, with the environment he was in I would call it more of a rescue than an adoption despite the costly rehoming fee. Thankfully he no longer has any redness on his leg/foot area. I recently upgraded his cage to a much larger one, and he maneuvers around like a pro despite his poor messed up little feet. He's confident and capable; I think the key has been not babying him. All in all, I'd say he's doing wonderfully.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That's the same with our Adélie. She's now now in a flight cage because she does great getting around the cage so I was curious as your bird has both feet closed and she only has the one like that.
I'm glad he's doing so well! :)

BirdLady13

That's the same with our Adélie. She's now now in a flight cage because she does great getting around the cage so I was curious as your bird has both feet closed and she only has the one like that.
I'm glad he's doing so well! :)
When his toes point in extra weird directions or get tucked under other toes I jokingly tell him to fix his feet :hilarious:. He eventually ends up rearranging them so they're in a semi-normal position.