• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mutation ID please

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! Your bird appears to be a turquoise, also known as a white-faced blue, due to the fact that its' beak has a pinkish tone to it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Your bird appears to be a turquoise, also known as a white-faced blue, due to the fact that its' beak has a pinkish tone to it.
Yes, @markymark they can look quite different sometimes they will have a light peachy brow, other´s do not. Some appear a little more green than others, or a little more jade or blue.
My birds Lapis and Jaime are both Turquoise birds but look a different colour.
Loki (@DoubleTake ´s bird) is also Turquoise but she has a peachy brow whereas mine do not.
5.jpg Jaime
IMG_20190519_163228.jpg Lapis
IMG_20190913_180908.jpg Jaime (left)

Looks like a dutch blue to me.
Dutch blue will have a different beak, two-toned.
The bird in the back there is Dutch blue (this is my friends bird),
Screenshot_20200605_193935.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Loki (@DoubleTake ´s bird) is also Turquoise but she has a peachy brow whereas mine do not.
Here is a thread of videos of her, she is more green, but like many lovebirds looks different in different lighting,

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Here is a thread of videos of her, she is more green, but like many lovebirds looks different in different lighting,
Soo green....

markymark

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for your input everyone- most appreciated.

I find there is a lot of conflicting opinion when it comes to the par blue series. I have shown this photo to other people and they think it is an AquaTurquoise.
I'm inclined to support the consensus here that it is a Turquoise going by what i understand about the genetics of the parents. I'm interested in what people think.

The parents are both visual normal Green and have so far produced the following offspring: normal Green, Par Blue series (the bird in question) and a Green series pallid. As pallid is a sex link mutation and the female is not visual, I can deduce the male is a normal Green, split to Green series Pallid. This implies the female is therefore a normal Green, split to a par Blue series. As only one par blue allele is present it can only be an Aqua or a Turquoise but fits the bill for a Turquoise given the colour of the brow and beak.

Is my logic correct? specifically regarding the genetics of the male, or could he in fact be a carrier of a Par Blue?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The way to destinguish between Aqua, Turquoise or AquaTurquoise really is by looking at the beak.

Turquoise birds have the pink beaks (can look white towards the tip)
Aqua have horn coloured beaks (yellow)
AquaTurquoise has the two toned beak, pink at the top and horn (yellow) towards the tip

I will try get a picture for you.... :run:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very hard to photograph the picture,
I hope you are able to see the beak is pink up at the top and yellow at the bottom tip for this AquaTurquoise bird
IMG_20200927_123728.jpg

Turquoise,
IMG_20200927_123917.jpg

Photos are pictures of photos taken by Dirk Van Den Abeele, if you want to dive into mutations, that would be a great place to start :)

markymark

Meeting neighbors
Thanks Zara. That helps a lot!

I’ll tune my eye into looking at the following beak colours then.

4815365E-983A-431D-94E0-401F82A1AEDF.jpeg

So does that make this one an AquaTurqouise?

CF4ABED2-95FB-4F7C-8AD7-DD34A21FEA66.jpeg