• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mutation/ color morph

Fatimah125

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Fatimah Aljonidel
Hi everyone! My lovely male cockatiel is going to start his first big molt next month as he is becoming 6 months old in few days! And I’m kinda wondering how would he look like as months passes! Any suggestions, also he is pearl split pied

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump8:

stacey101

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Stacey
He is going to have some pied marking behind his head but he will look like a regular grey :) pearls are only visual to females

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Male split pieds tend to retain their pearl markings longer than regular pearls, but over time those pearl markings will go away. My guess is he'll keep some of them through his first few molts.

Fatimah125

Real Name
Fatimah Aljonidel
Male split pieds tend to retain their pearl markings longer than regular pearls, but over time those pearl markings will go away. My guess is he'll keep some of them through his first few molts.
When I first got him and he had a mild molt, he have been getting new pins feathers of the same feathers he has

Fatimah125

Real Name
Fatimah Aljonidel
He is going to have some pied marking behind his head but he will look like a regular grey :) pearls are only visual to females
Yeah I read that everywhere, but gonna miss his pearlings