• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Must they torture me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
The local wild bird center has some rescued budgies for free. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm very close to finally getting my indoor aviary I wouldn't even think twice. I just hate the fact that they are giving them away for free. Can't they be a bit more responsible then that? Especially close to Christmas time.:( They can also come with a free cage, yeah I wonder how big it is.:rolleyes:
Forgot to add they are advertising them on craigslist of all places.:(

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Wow, that does bother me a bit. I hope that they at least screen adopters a little bit.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That doesn't sound like the best idea for the birds. Hopefully they're doing some screening and just didn't post that part.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
a rescue is doing this so close to Christmas..that is a sure recipe for disaster and one of the main reasons why there are multitueds of budgies and tielsin rescues

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I think it's because they deal more with wild birds like sparrows, hawks and such. But still they should care more about them then this.:(

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Awhh, i really hope they actually do care and are going to make sure they go to good homes only..

Status
Not open for further replies.