• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Must Rehome My Cag

Hawk12237

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'm assuming the best option for Hawk12237 would be to see what we can do for a caravan, if he only had to travel half the way I'm sure that would much better than coming all the way here to Texas.
I wouldn't mind the drive, but it's the weather this time of year. if all possible if nothing materializes right now we could wait till spring. I'd still be open to getting rosita. Not sure if airlines will fly this time of year for parrot.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
If the carrier can be stowed under the seat in front of you, then they are allowed. We flew our eclectus in the cabin. The downside is that during the security check, you may be asked to take the bird out of its carrier, so wearing an avian harness is a must.

Thomas M.

Moving in
I don't think going in the cabin will work for Rosita either. Whenever I take her to the vets I have her in the carrier and she's okay for the first few minutes but then she starts getting loud as she wants out so I'm sure there would be complaints on the plane for sure. As far as putting a harness on her that won't work either as she's not one for allowing that. She'll take petting and head scratching and all those lovable things but it has to be on her terms.