• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Must Rehome My Cag

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there a way for you to set up a video chat? Or something that can show you his home. Do you know anyone that lives close that can do a home inspection of sorts?
I am not saying this for any reason but for concern.
I have been involved in quite a few abuse/rescue/hoarding things in the past couple of years. People can say whatever they want, or act however they want. It doesn't mean it is true. I know your love your bird and I just want to make sure that she goes somewhere safe and is as loved as she was with you. People lie.
I totally agree w/ Danita in this situation. I'd feel better about your fid going to Hawk in this situation as I know his birds get everything they need & more. You have to do what you have to do tho & I understand.

We are all just trying to protect your girl from some really bad things that can happen in a re-homing scenario's. There are some out there that try to get a re-home or adoption & actually torture birds. We're not trying to scare you or make you uncomfortable w/your decision we're just very concerned because of the stories that we've seen & read SO many times where SO many fids stories don't end in sunshine & rainbow's. There is a very good reason this thread is protected w/ every post, "mean people stink!" & it's ALL about protecting those that cannot protect themselves (fids).

Thomas M.

Sitting on the front steps
I completely understand everyones concern and am happy for that. This person found me through an ad I placed and paid for at my local bird store, the same place he bought his Amazon back in 2006. he has since moved out of the area but just happened to be looking through their ads when he found mine. I have talked to a few others who responded to the ad and he is the one who feels the best by far. Yes I will try and set up a video of his place probably on Face Time. Thanks again for all the comments and concerns, you all are great. :)