• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

multiple linnies

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hello all! I'm thinking of adding another Linnie, I have a female that is 1 years old, Summer is a real joy, she not hand shy or fussing, she is everyones friend even the dogs she not afraid, she makes the kissing sound at them when they enter the room, I want to add so she will have a play mate, the breeder has 2 females one green greywing and the other turquoise, I know I want 1 but was thinking about getting the other female just incase Summer don't get along with the baby. Do anyone have multiple linnies? if so please share!!

Reactions: Ali

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Most of my linnies are paired-up. They almost universally get along well together. Introduce them slowly, first on neutral territory, etc. You may lose some of your bond with your linnie if they get a friend, but I think it's worth it. They'll still love you, but you may not feel as close.

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Ohhh! Thank you for the help! Do you think 3 will be ok or is it better to be in pairs?

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Ok. Yes they are females

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Even numbers are better. By nature they pair off.

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
I had poor luck adding a third male with my two males. Maybe there are cases where it works, but I'd take the advice already given: even numbers.