• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MRSA Infection

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I just read this whole thread and reading your latest update brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy to hear that you and your flock have beaten MRSA! You truly are an inspiration. Your love, determination, choice to seek counsel of another veterinarian when yours failed to meet your standards, the impossibly high sterilization methods you maintained, enduring the staggering costs both financial and emotional, and your unwillingness to give up on your flock..it’s an honor to have you here and to have read your story. Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.

How are they doing? How is their weight now?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thank you for the update. I am so glad you have been able to beat MRSA.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
What an awesome update! I feel like if I ended up in your situation, I would be told to just deal with it after the meds didn't work for so long and I'd be stuck traveling a couple of hours away to see a vet willing to help me through the ordeal. We have vets here that see birds, but it's kind of limited on what some of them can or can't do (in-house fecal vs sending it out and other general bird care), or I simply do not trust the vet or their office. At least two vets only work part time, one of which doesn't work weekends which limits being able to choose who to go to just for a general checkup... my own vet isn't accepting any new avian patients...

We are all so glad that you stuck through it all and got them the care that they needed!!! :heart: On top of that, you also got your family treated. You are to be commended for all your hard work! :starshower:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so happy to hear you and your flock are doing well. Thankyou for the update :) I can't imagine going through what you did, as I'm sure it felt like an up hill battle at times. Your commitment to your birds is inspiring. I'm so glad you join the forum and that it was helpful you. Thanks for sharing your experience too, I learn alot through this thread and while I hope nobody has to go through MRSA experience like you did, this will be a helpful in future for anyone who does
Yes, what Sarah said!

I hope as all your cleaning subsides you can continue to come & visit us. I know w/ all the particulars w/ your family & your flock it may be a bit difficult but I hope you can squeeze us in w/ more updates. Maybe some pics...

:gbh: & lotsa doing this :happydance:

All that hard work paid off! @Hankmacaw