• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mr. Squirrel

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Fattening up Mr. Squirrel for the winter. :) Mr. Squirrel.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Looks just like our gray squirrels but yours has some pretty color in it's tail. We have fox squirrels here ... pretty interesting critters!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I looked and looked for the rare squirrel at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. No luck.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute. I have a squirrel too. The other day I gave him an almond and then he came like a foot away from me and held out his little paw like he was asking for more. LOL.

I also used to have a "pet" squirrel that would follow me into the house when I got home. I would give him a nut and then he'd leave. I could pet him too.

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
When I took care of a friend's mother, who had suffered a stroke, while they looked for a full-time caregiver, I began feeding the neighborhood squirrels, a practice her husband had begun several years before he passed. They would come on the porch and take a peanut off of your shoe! My dogs found them fascinating. When I brought those dogs to California and would see a squirrel and say, "look at the squirrel" it was hilarious to see them searching for them in the palm trees, having never experienced ground squirrels!