• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr. SNAKE is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
wow! so lucky that you get to live around all these beautiful creatures!! :o: :hug8:

SkyBaby

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
Awesome!!! I LOVE snakes. :D Actually, I really want a lavender king snake some day. My husband doesn't mind snakes so long as they're outside. He's not really afraid of them. Just doesn't really like them. lol I have still been begging for a snake, but he's totally not interested lol. I love spiders too!! I have a pet tarantula.. yeah weird right, I convinced my hubby to let me get a giant spider and yet he is very against us having a pet snake. lol

Jewels95

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie-Maye
Holy dang they're huge! I love snakes - from a distance - unless they're pets that are obviously friendly. S/he's very beautiful, though! I love the bear family, too, adorable! :o:

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
I don't like snakes or spiders!! But I did learn years ago not to kill black snakes. We had 2 that hung out around the house and I finally got hubby to kill them. The following week we found 2 copperheads and the next week we saw even more! Needless to say that a black snake is welcome to hang out her now; I would be happy if they gave us warnings they were there so it wouldn't shock us so much!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Did you see the national coverage about the black bear that attacked a couple in their home here in Cental PA? It turned out the bear had decided their dog was to be a snack and the dog took off running for the house. The husband heard the dog barking and went to open the back door to let the dog in and when the dog came into the house, the bear followed him in. Once in, the bear threatened the wife and the man got the bear off the wife. But then the bear decided to bite the husband on the back of the head and scratched up the husband's back pretty bad. The poor couple are doing a lot of interviews with national and international news people because it is so unusual for BLACK bears to attack humans. Usually they only go after humans if cubs are involved, but I guess this bear decided the humans were going to take his dog snack! I think the attack was in Dauthin County, PA and there have been a huge amount of bear sighting this year.

I think I would rather deal with snakes, thank you.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Every one says it's huge but really he's just long lol. My buddy's retic is 14 feet 125 lbs. Now that's huge. I bet he weighs just over or under a pound. Looks to be an indigo. But could be wrong. Whatever he is he's in the middle of shed. (hint the blue/cloudy eyes). That shed must be from a previous time. One of my boas when fed often sometime sheds twice a month. For the herp nut that I am. I'm yet to see ANY wild snakes this season. Besides the baby sidewinder I caught :). beautiful snake. Cool he sticks around.

Status
Not open for further replies.