• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr Peepers had an adventure

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I've been trying to get Mr Peepers to come out of his cage and fly around and get some exercise he's been coming out bathing, hopping around a little and checking out the surroundings but not flying anywhere.

Last night while my hand was in his cage removing some crud, he must have thought, "I DON'T LIKE THIS DUDES HAND HERE!" he flew out of the cage and across the room landing on SPX's cage.

DAMN IT THIS BIRD CAN PEEP LOUDLY when he's doing something NEW he may not like. :jawdrop1:

He sat on top of the cage and checked out the scene and then got all excited when he looked down into SPX's cage and saw the seed cup, the cup held the yummy black seeds Mr Peeper's is not suppose to have in his diet so he complained and complained LOUDLY while pacing around the top of the cage trying to figure out how to get at the seeds.

We argued, mostly it was me telling him to shut the hell up with the damn loud peeping with no results so after a while I finally just shoo'd him to fly towards his cage. Unfortunately he hasn't figured out how to fly directly INTO his cage from anywhere so he lands on his cage top where he gets all frustrated trying to figure out where the door is allllll the while I get to hear the PEEPING FROM HELL.

Strangely he just decided he might as well fly back to SPX's cage to see if he could get them yummy looking seeds again. :bash: and maybe he'd try to fly back to his cage and get in the door all in one fell swooop.

He PEEPED loudly pacing on SPX's cage while looking at the seeds and every once in a while he'd fly back to his cage not getting inside and landing on top so more yelling happened. All in all it was great watching him flutter around and get stronger in his flights to his cage and back to SPX's. He got some much needed exercise and this pleases me and hopefully made him happy as well, the mouthy bird is almost 2 years old and has never flown anywhere in his life so this is epic for him. :bliss:

So I now know every night I have to throw Mr Peepers out of his cage to get him to fly :kickout:........ and I have to hide SPX's seed dish to stop the damn noise or I need to wear ear plugs.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:rofl:I love Mr Peepers adventures...

Watch SPX doesn't attack Mr Peepers toe when he is on top of his cage, many budgies get real defensive when a bird is on there cage & can easily bite off a toe.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
:rofl:I love Mr Peepers adventures...

Watch SPX doesn't attack Mr Peepers toe when he is on top of his cage, many budgies get real defensive when a bird is on there cage & can easily bite off a toe.

SPX is afraid of Mr P and runs to the farthest place in his cage to get away from the annoying loud PEEP's. I'm sitting right beside them the whole time talking to the little mouth piece and trying to encourage him to fly back home so its safe and SPX won't get close to Mr Mouth Peepers.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Poor SPX traumatized by the dreaded PEEP. It's good the annoying PEEP keeps SPX away & Mr P safe

Where are those smileys when you want them...
:crycry2:

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Haha, Mr P is funny. It wouldn't matter if Spx had the SAME EXACT food, Mr P, being a canary, would still want to check it out...it's the way they are :yes3:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Haha, Mr P is funny. It wouldn't matter if Spx had the SAME EXACT food, Mr P, being a canary, would still want to check it out...it's the way they are :yes3:

Canaries are such pigs when it comes to food I bet if I had a grey or cockatoo that had seeds in their cage this little noisy pig bird would try to get at them and nab them. PIGGY DAMN PIGGY birds! :D

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:lol:funny visual...love mr. peepers...:hehe:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award