• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moving in

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
4A85FE01-7518-4633-B385-6607E675C021.jpeg Louise is starting to move into her new cage. My earlier post described some of the challenges and disappointments. I’ve decided to take up some of the suggestions from helpful members and will keep it. I am temporarily using newspaper over the grate. I asked the company who told me that the grate and tray were interchangeable to supply a stainless steel grate cover. I am not optimistic and think I can have one made one for 30/40$. She was tentative but when I put a few toys in, she checked it out on her own. She will fully move in tonight after I thoroughly clean them. The hooks for them are already up. She must feel at home as she already soiled the newspapers. @Macawnutz, here is a picture of the toy she went for first, and was also the one hung first. She is really after the beads!! 0F21AF41-E668-4EA1-B0DD-91FA3A320AE3.jpeg

Last edited:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I hope you can safety proof all of the concerns you have with the cage.
BTW love your ruby red chair!

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I hope you can safety proof all of the concerns you have with the cage.
BTW love your ruby red chair!
I hope to pick up the rope perches tonight and I think the other concerns are addressed, thank you. Folks here were very helpful. The ruby red chair is actually child size and from a children's show and it is for my dogs. They are so spoiled! The cage won't be close to that chair, it will move several feet to the other side of the room (and the bird is always supervised when she is out--so much that my puppy is not fully potty trained yet because I watch the bird more than the dog....