• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moved away from my loris

Daniel Hauser

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Daniel Hauser Rosenberg
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, I need help with my yellow streaked lorikeet, I'm kinda desperate.
I have him for 10 years now, since I was 13 years old, needless to say he is like a son to me and I grew up with him. I have him and a rainbow lorikeet, the rainbow lorikeet was always agressive but 2 years ago he started being more calm and be easy going with me, these days he is kind with everyone in my house.
My yellow streaked lori since day one was gentle and sweet with everyone, he was always needy but in the decade I have him he only bit me once, and twice my family. He was always more connected to me and screamed or went to me if he was with someone and saw me. Last October I moved away from the country(Brazil) and started a new life away from my family (in Israel) for personal reasons. My brother specially is always with my birds for hours a day. In the past weeks the yellow streaked lori started biting him, drawing real blood, something never seen before, this has happened more than 6 times (more than the total of times in the last 10 years). I was back in Brazil in April for two weeks, to visit and before that he didnt had a problem with anyone, in the last months after I went back to Israel he started getting agressive with everyone, I don't know what to do and I'm afraid he will either get sick or my family will donate him. Please help

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there any way you can bring him to live with you in Israel?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oi, Daniel, bemvindo a AA. I'm sorry your family is having problems with your lorikeets. Could it be hormones or caused by your earlier visit. Maybe he thought you were home? What are your lorikeets names? I don't have lorikeets so I'm afraid I can't really help.

I'm from Brazil too and my grandmother's family came from the Santa Catarina area. I'd suggest you also post your thread in the Welcome forum so more people see it.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Bump.