• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousey help needed 'again'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa CTN

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Teresa Fryer
As Mousey loves attention, I'm not sure whether I should feed or not when the 'mouth' opens - this usually happens when 'tickling' - so I'm not sure. Sometimes it happens a little while after feeding plus when Mousey should be going to bed. Any advice here? Up till now, if Mousey asks for food I give it but not sure that's right!

On another note, I have Rainbow Lorikeets. Will it be okay if I give Mousey some Lorikeet Nectar? I have given a little already and Mousey loves it!????

I really want to do what's right for my bird so hope you don't mind all the questions!!!!:dancing:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Yes...feed Mousey as much as it wants. My BN babies are little glutens when I handfeed them bits of fruit. They will eat until the side of their neck is full and I can see the food inside their throat when they beg for more.

The necter is fine too. You can even sprinkle the powder on some of Mouseys fruit/food.

Sarel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarel de Wet
I say feed by keeping a set routine... every 45 minutes when very young. Stimulate the poop hole as you about to feed. Check after ten minutes on the poop hole (Afrikaans word: "poepholletjie") after feeding. See if the tail is erect and the body is turned towards you before stimulating. Ask questions - feel free then I learn too.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Here is some helpful ILLUS below. In between the formula feedings you can feed Mousey bits of fruit on demand when he wants it. A scales is helpful to see that Mousey is also either gaining or maintaining it's weight, and also to calculate how much formula to feed per feeding. You can click the feeding chart for a larger veiw and then print it out.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.