• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousebirds Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I am finially getting around to working on a Mousebird website: Welcome to the wonderfulworld of Mousebirds - HOME

I'm still laying it out, and have alot of work to do to get it ready. I used my signature pix with it, but I am working on a new pix for the website and signature. Here it is, but I still have to add info to it. I added a Speckled mousebird to the illustration because I am hoping to have some soon...

Attachments

pga7602

Jogging around the block
Congrats! and Good Start!

Have you thought about putting a "Under Construction" message on all the unfinished pages? It would help some of the people who have wounder into your site and know to come back to see more. Otherwise they might think that's all it is.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I'm working on some headers for each of the pages. Below it I will put either Under Construction or More info coming soon, check back again...

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
A BIG congrats! You are awesome Susanne.:hug8: I love the new header!:heart: Have you tried different color backgrounds on it?

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
This is fabulous, Susanne! Very well done! :hug8:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Thanks :) I'm still typing away on the computer and working on graphics and illustrations for the website. Once I get a little more done I will upload it. Here are some samples...

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Awesome Susanne!:)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Thank! Daddy bird BN mouser is a wild caught import now lets me pet him and hold him breifly..YAY! When he sees I am ready to feed he will hang on the door watching what I bring them.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is very cool!

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
It looks great! I love you the way you designed the mousebirds around the "We Ship" link! Very cool!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Your graphics are great. I really have enjoyed reading of mouse birds, growth, habits etc. What a wonderful insight to knowing them. Just keep on telling stories as they are wonderful reading.

Peggy

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Nice going, Susanne!! It is looking great and it will be a hit! I see some HTML coding at some of the pages on the bottom, wondered what is up with that?!

Websites are a time consuming effort and on going to say the least. Mine has been on the web since 2002 but much of it took a long time to do and I still have many things I want to write on.

I've read on how you had to get out of Tiels due to your breathing... ahem... me too... I am in the same boat so I am selling off my breeder birds slowly but surely!

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Jan...the coding in the bottom was supposed to be for the Google tracker, so that I can see which areas of interest are coming up in search engines and where from, etc. I think I screwed up in putting it in.

I'm finding the site must be coming up in search engines, and a couple of people have used the contact form. A lady in South Africa emailed me yesterday about a little orphan mousebird that crawled into her house and what to do. Luckily there is an experienced mousebird rehabber in her area that I could refer her to. I got his permision to add his contact info to the links page.

I still got alot of work to do on the site.

Jan, it is tough letting the cockatiels go. I just can't entirely cut the apron strings on all of them though...

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Morning mousebird mama:D

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Morning Carole and that spoiled bird Gryphon :)

Barry was in contact with the most recent person in SA with the found baby mousebird...YAY!

Cory

Real Name
Cory
Susanne it's really looking fantastic! I really like the way you're putting it together. :)

My website has been a work in progress for such a long time now because I keep changing it and adding to it. I have been meaning to make headers similar to the ones you have made. They look great. I'll have to get on to doing all of that soon. :lol: I will add a link to yours on my links page when I update it today or tomorrow if you like!

I know it's still under construction, but I just wanted to point out a typo on the home page. "March 2005 I wound up in the hospital with a collapsed lung due to breeding in birds dander from my cockatiels." Is that supposed to be breathing? By the way I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Anyhow, it's looking really great. I can't wait to learn more about Mousebirds from reading it when it's done! :D

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Thanks Cory :) I was working on the page and just edited it to breathing.

The headers were fun to do. That is what is taking so long to get info up...I am working on alot of photo's and illustrations. I'd like it to be very 'visual' in the info contained. Pix's save alot of reading time.

Status
Not open for further replies.