• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousebird for adoption in Wisconsin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
If they would ship, I would love to have him. But they probably won't. :(
-----------------------------------

Cindy, I beleive on the site they said that they don't ship. If they did I would have loved to have him.

Where in FL are you? I will soon be rehoming (from someone else) 3 WB mousebirds. One is a handicapped one missing one foot. I'll know more when I receive them, but he was a hadfed at one time, and if tame he would still make a good pet, if your interested.

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
-------------------------------------------------------
Living with the finches is fine, provided if you want to have him as a pet you should talk to and handle hime daily. And you could tell your Mom that he needs his own sleeping cage because a mousebird hangs to sleep at night.

Also he may be a problem with the finches. He does not eat seed, but he will get in the bowl and scatter it trying to shimmy and take a bath in it, thinking it is sand or coarse dirt.

PLUS...finches really should be offered fruits and greens/veggie daily alos.

But mousebirds eat predominantly fruits, some pellets, greens, and nibble on veggies like zucchini.
yes the finches do pellets, fruits, veggies, grains...leafy greens are there fav tho.... those finchs love dirt baths so they get there forging dirt buckets for them to plat with...and i dint think they could li ve with them because of the seed diet but by what you saying it sounds like they just wont eat it....and yes he would be a pet...

Last edited:

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
That would be great Susanne!! I live just up from Clearwater/St. Pete are in Pasco Cty. Holiday/New Port Richey. Work in Tampa. Please let me know if this might be do-able sometime. :laughing12:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Cindy, it will be a couple weeks before I have the mousers, they are coming from CA. But that would be great if you could adopt the handicapped one and give him lots of loving :) I'll know more once I get them and do an update.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ohh..how exciting! Another mousebird mama.:laughing12:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran