• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moulting or sickness?

Ailin

Moving in
Real Name
Ailin
20210526_100526.jpg
Hi guys , these two are my mangos but as you see the left one has lack of feathers in his chest which makes me concern that if there's a problem or not .
he is 6 months old ,sometimes has diarrhea (not really sure) he naps during the day alot with his friend ,sometimes sneezing and hasn't taken a bath in 2 weeks ,his playful behavior is less compared to the day I got him ,he is on shredding things mode and rage .in addition he recently has found a hole in the wall and spends his day there in the darkness ,kind of a hiding behavior I guess, he eats and drinks well but sometimes breaths with his beak and has hard time landing (not often really).
that's it !
I'd like to hear your suggestions because I'm so confused by the symptoms and cant take him to vet !
This is a picture of his dropping ,is this alright? Or is it diarrhea? 20210519_155956.jpg
Thanks .

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Ailin! 1.welcome signs.gif

he recently has found a hole in the wall and spends his day there in the darkness
Block the hole off somehow.

Are you sure this is a male bird? I would worry they could be a hen, cavity seeking, thought it´s not unheard of for males to do this behaviour too, but the hens will pluck their ¨belly¨ area so to speak though usually closer down towards the feet.

Given the birds age, they could be coming into, coming out of, or currently having their first moult. Keep offering baths. And keep ene eye on the feather progress. A photo diary on your mobile phone can be helpful to compare if it´s getting better or worse.

I´m curious why no vet? Is there one in your area? Have they ever seen a vet? Maybe try to sort something out, should you need a vet at short notice. If you need help locating one, maybe members can help if you post your area.

What do your birds eat?

Ailin

Moving in
Real Name
Ailin
Hi Zara I will block the hole .
No I'm not sure if he's a male Miss
I have gone to vet but he wasnt an avian so probably his opinion wasnt quite right about my birdie but he said my mango has lung problems and offered me a powder to pour in his water for 3 days ,
By the way I have noticed something unusual that just happened to his droppings, I found bubble in it ,which I bet isn't a good sign :(
They eat seeds and fruits mostly and 3 days a week eggs