• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mother Goose's Diary: Growth of Waterfowl

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
This is where I'll be doing daily updates on my two babies growth. We have two little babies that were hatched on Monday, April 7th, 2014. One is a female Blue Indian Runner Duck(Lilith), and the other is a female Embden Goose(Angel). They both have Pullorum certificates and come from healthy, tested parents as well.

Day 1 is missing because they were being shipped at the time.

2 Days Old:

3 Days Old:

4 Days Old:

(Sorry for no video or a lot of pictures, it was a work day and I'd only got 3.5 hours of sleep the night prior so I knocked out shortly after getting home. :( )

5 Days Old:

Soon to come!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
Ok! I've uploaded everything for everything from the last post to yesterday. Sorry for lack of content on some days. They forced me to work extra shifts :/

You can see their skin starting to shed on their feet where they're growing. Lilith has already grown so much since she popped out of that box! Angel just keeps getting puffier. I expect her to start feathering out in a month or so, meanwhile, Lilith will be nearly full grown in that time! Lilith has already started to stand up vertically, too!

Also, please forgive me for any messiness. If you've ever owned waterfowl, you know they make a mess in no time flat!

After some hard work in the yard today me and my neighbor built a little pen they can graze in while I do some yard work. I'll upload it in the next update.

I lied, there was a video for Day 4, I just took it right before bed time.

Day 4 Video:

5 Days Old:

6 Days Old:

7 Days Old:

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
I am so in love. These updates made my day, your goose angel seems super cuddly! is lilith like that too or more independent? what do you expect them to be like when they are older? They have a great home and are just the cutest little things

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:heart: :heart:

Daema

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kas
I am so in love. These updates made my day, your goose angel seems super cuddly! is lilith like that too or more independent? what do you expect them to be like when they are older? They have a great home and are just the cutest little things
Angel prefers me over Lilith and Lilith prefers Angel over me, but she will cry out if I stray too far or go out of her view, so she accepts me as a mother figure, just isn't too terribly cuddly like Angel is. Lilith will, though, cuddle up next to my arm on some occassions, or perch on it. Angel usually prefers snuggling up to me.

When they grow up I think Angel will still be partial to me and prefer my company and affection, where as Lilith will still follow me and look up to me, but be more interested in living life than to cuddle up. I've read Runners are a nervous breed of duck, and by far she seems to live up to that. She panics whenever I pick her up. She calms down after a second but initially panics.

Now, I did check with Murray Mcmurray Hatchery and they said all their babies are incubated, meaning all they know are humans, so, to them, they probably strongly believe they're humans.

solo

Real Name
jess
:xflove: :xflove: :xflove: :xflove: :xflove: ducks and geese are by far my favorite baby birds

birdle

Angel prefers me over Lilith and Lilith prefers Angel over me, but she will cry out if I stray too far or go out of her view, so she accepts me as a mother figure, just isn't too terribly cuddly like Angel is. Lilith will, though, cuddle up next to my arm on some occassions, or perch on it. Angel usually prefers snuggling up to me.

When they grow up I think Angel will still be partial to me and prefer my company and affection, where as Lilith will still follow me and look up to me, but be more interested in living life than to cuddle up. I've read Runners are a nervous breed of duck, and by far she seems to live up to that. She panics whenever I pick her up. She calms down after a second but initially panics.

Now, I did check with Murray Mcmurray Hatchery and they said all their babies are incubated, meaning all they know are humans, so, to them, they probably strongly believe they're humans.
I guessed right, I bet having a cuddly gosling is the best! I can't wait to see them grow and their personalities to come out more