• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moss

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I am SO SORRY for you and your flock! :sad9:
It doesn't take long for them to find a spot within your heart!!!

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The internal postmortem revealed nothing. It apparently looked like he just randomly & suddenly lost all his blood through his lower intestines, but no one can see why or how. They're sending samples of him for histopathology. They said it means they send tissue & can sometimes provide more answers this way. When they've done all they can, he'll be sent for individual cremation.

I had hoped that there'd be some obvious congenital abnormality. He was so young & it seems very odd that 7 other budgies continue perfectly fine. I think we'd all like some answers. :sorrow:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
@Sparkles99 I was so sad to read this. :sad6: They lighten up our lives for far too brief a time.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, everyone.

As just posted on Budgie Boulevard, they're testing for polyoma, herpes & beak and feather disease instead of a histopathology. I'd have had to have known I might want it later for them to preserve the tissues, but they don't lean towards that explaining anything anyway. Up to a month delay for the results. :(

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As copied from Budgie Boulevard, to close this thread.

Moss' test results came back. Not Detected (Negative) for Aves polyomavirus PCR, Beak and feather disease PCR & Psittacid herpesvirus PCR.

I was blacking out sensitive info on the PDF that came with them to post it, but it states at the bottom that you can't send it except to the intended recipients & it can only be sent in full (I'm not putting my contact info on the internet).

I'm not sure what to think. Cloud is lonely, but this was a very stressful experience. Now I'm stuck in a moral dilemna. I'll update Moss' thread in the Highway to Heaven too.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
I am so sorry to hear this. Not knowing what happened is an awful feeling, losing a baby bird is even worse. I am glad for your other birds that the tests came back negative, although I know that doesn't bring much closure.

Finchly was very kind to take Twig back home when Cricket died. I had planned to adopt another baby if the worst happened, but when it did I was so irrationally scared that the same thing would happen again, especially because the necropsy was inconclusive.

Attention from you will do more to comfort a budgie than a finch, so I don't think you should rush yourself. Think about your own feelings, too.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm relieved to read that nothing contagious was present that could have posed a thread to the rest of your birds, but so sorry that you still have no clear answers.

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
Well, generally good news to hear that your flock is not at risk.

Is Cloud showing any signs of improvement in his grief or wanting to bond to you?

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cloud spends most of the time watching Marigold & Frosting from his platform perch. It's very sad. I think he'd prefer a budgie buddy over me, TBH.

As mentioned in the other thread, I picked up his ashes this morning. They do a nice job at this pet crematorium & at the vet's. I didn't know they'd be taking an imprint of his tiny budgie feet. It's a nice touch.

I'll probably wait 'till they get more budgies in at the small pet shop. There were two this morning, but they're clearly friends.

I'll bury his ashes in my parents' rose garden come spring.

Moss Memorial 1.jpg

Moss Memorial 2.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, that’s so nice of them to make an imprint of his little feat. I hope you can find the perfect little friend for Cloud.
:sadhug2: