• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More progress for Argyle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I am so excited and proud of Argyle's progress. He has been here for a few weeks now. He is fearful of hands and I can't hold or touch it, but I enjoy him immensely:)

Every day I open his cage door a couple of times a day and allow him to come out if he chooses too. Every day he does. He has become reliable about stepping up onto a 24" perch which seems to give him a comfortable distance from my hands. He will step up onto it from anywhere now. He has difficulty stepping onto it from the climbing net probably because it's a net and a little trickier to get the perch to him, but usually I don't have to go up there and he will come back down to a perch after he has been up on the net, so we haven't had to work on that for a few days.

He also will now take sunflower seeds from my hand:) He eats well and seems very happy.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for the update I am glad things are progressing well

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
yay!!!
Aren't they fantastic?
Gus love the climbing net. It serves as a great launching point to wherever I am :)

I'm a Linnie freak now! I LOVE THEM!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is really great to hear :) Always so rewarding seeing them make progress :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
yay!!!
Aren't they fantastic?
Gus love the climbing net. It serves as a great launching point to wherever I am :)

I'm a Linnie freak now! I LOVE THEM!
I really love him and am so glad I got him. He is very special:) Today, when I was giving out some seed in the afternoon he hopped onto the container and rode into his cage on it. He is so adorable:)

Status
Not open for further replies.