• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More on Pablo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PablosMom

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
We've had Pablo for about a month now and he seems to be a well adjusted little birdie despite spending awhile at the pet store before we got him. Hes quite the cuddle bug and will fluff up and lay down (sometimes on his side with one wing slightly outstretched) like a baby on my husband or myself and just fall asleep. :heart: He seems to get more and more vocal everyday and is an expert mimic. When we got him he barely made a peep besides little happy mumbles at bedtime and contact calls when we left the room. We got him on a Thursday and by Sunday he'd started saying "hi"...even though the word we were trying to teach him was hello. lol I guess he picked it up from me saying "Hi Pablo!" to him every morning. Now he says hello as well and is working on his name, pretty bird, water (he loves when we turn the sinks on), and something else garbled but multi syllabic we can't make out. Hes also been known to repeat words right after hearing them and making me look like a liar by not saying them again. lol

Hes quite the acrobat; as someone mentioned in my last post and will often hang/swing upside down in his cage from one toe to get our attention. He loves playing on his swing too and hes having a ball with some of my husbands childhood legos. By having a ball I mean grabbing them out of his "toy box", beaking them, and then tossing them off the counter and watching them fall. We are trying to teach him to say "uhoh" when this happens but so far all he does is chirp...or screech until I pick them up for him. There are legos scattered all over the house now like we have a child.:hehe:

Anyhoo, I hope this isn't too long winded. I'm no bird expert but I do hope that my posts help someone else...at least with what to expect if they get a canary wing because everything I've found online about them is nearly the same few paragraphs reworded. :( Even the pet store did not give us any details on the species and just advised us to feed him cockatiel seed. So we are literally winging it. lol

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
and where is our pic>>>>> he sounds like an absolute darling.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I had to go back to one of your first posts to find a photo of Pablo but he looks cuet enough to eat! (In a good way, not really!) He still has a little of that foofy baby look to him and he sounds so very lovable. We just need more photos ... hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say no more ;)

PablosMom

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
Ok Ok I'm working on it. :) We are just now getting settled in after moving so that's the hold up on the photos. We have a ton of him on our cells but not on the actual camera. I took some photos of him earlier today though and will post them later tonight. I did post a video of him just yesterday though...didn't wanna post too much Pablo at one time. :hehe:

Yes he does still look like a fluffy baby for sure. I dunno that he is still considered a baby at 6 months though??

BTW, I have added a few photos of him playing with his legos in the Feathered Photos Fairway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.