• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More harness questions

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
OK, we've been working on the harness with Isadora. I can put it on and take it off fine. We've walked around the inside of the house. She does really well with it - Except I can't get her to stop chewing on it. How do I get her to stop biting it?

Also, she absolutely DEATH GRIPS me when it's on. Walking or not, she tightens down a lot on my hand. She's not otherwise giving indication she's uncomfortable (chewing aside) - Crest isn't up, not really looking around in that way of fear (I don't know how to describe it but y'all know what I mean), happily takes treats while wearing it.

But my hand. It hurts :roflmao:
IMG_6310.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow that's a heck of a death grip! I wish I knew some tips,I think a lot of folks have said that usually when they are outside they are so enthralled by the outdoors that will help stop the chewing sometimes

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Wow that's a heck of a death grip! I wish I knew some tips,I think a lot of folks have said that usually when they are outside they are so enthralled by the outdoors that will help stop the chewing sometimes
It's just this one nail on her left foot! It's not any longer than any of the others, but I swear that one toe. She drives that thing in like a railroad tie.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's just this one nail on her left foot! It's not any longer than any of the others, but I swear that one toe. She drives that thing in like a railroad tie.
She says my nail of death will make you listen to me lol

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Omg she is such a ham! How do you get anything done with her? I'd just play with her all day lol
That's why they have a nap time :roflmao: Otherwise nothing gets done because I'm just being a dork over her. Meanwhile Tteok is trying to pull my lip ring off :rolleyes:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's why they have a nap time :roflmao: Otherwise nothing gets done because I'm just being a dork over her. Meanwhile Tteok is trying to pull my lip ring off :rolleyes:
Lol he says well momma I may not be the most intellectual(I say this lovingly and mean no offense at all!) But I sure am handsome :heart:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Being cute is about all he's got going for him :roflmao: He won't be winning any Nobel Prizes any time soon

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been working on target training my ringneck and Quaker, and my visiting cockatiel (who is very timid compared to others I've met) joined in yesterday! I was so surprised, he's been really scared of the target stick before!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I've tried target training a few times with very little luck. Tteok straight up ignores me, and Isadora just looks at me like "are you for real right now? No. I'm not doing it." I'm 100% positive she knows the goal, and 100% positive she's telling me where I can put the stick :roflmao:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Ouch! I hate death grips! Echo does that sometimes if he's scared or over excited. Some kind of distraction should work well. Echo does best with his harness on when he gets to interact with other people because he loves that. Maybe try a favorite food with it on or favorite activity.