• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More baby pics...and a few questions on mutation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
More baby pics...and a few questions on mutation!! (more pics 2nd page)

Hello again, sorry it took so long to get more pics. I went back to my breeder friend's Monday & we swapped a few as she wanted to show some of the colors I had to potential homes!

I'll start with the ones I have questions on...

Okay, this bub came from two normal birds, it's their 1st breeding, & out came a blue bub!! I am horrid at telling what series blue babys are..

And this little one she thinks may be a violet. I have no clue at all except it's blue series. The parents are seagreen sfv & wfb sfv aussie daddy. It's still real young & these are the best pics I got, it doesn't really have much feathers in yet.

A green pied/OF & amerocan cinn if male. My breeder and I are disagreeing on this ones color. She thinks because he is brighter than previous babies from the pair & since his tail is "neon" that he must be american cinnamon or something. My opinion, this baby is simply a normal green pied & others must have had a dark factor as daddy is a bit darker. An american cinnamon pied would still need to have brown flights, this baby has black flights...thoughts guy?

Okay, & this is more opinion based I guess. Casso's parents have never raised any babies successfully on their own. The only babies that have survived are Casso & his sis Morengo. They have laid another clucth, & even with trying to pull soon after hatching (they weren't feeding again) only 1 has survived so far. Should the pair be re-paired, or simply not bred anymore? It's so sad to see such gorgeous babies, or any for that fact, not get a good chance at life. Here is the sole survivor.

And now just random pics of various bubs!!

Aussie SFV , starting to eat solids now!!

WFV or Seagreen aussie, not sure, looks to be violet also.

Aussie bub

OF aussie gal

Little creamino!!

Normal green/blue of some kind..

Now a few group shots!!

A few of her breeders!! Man is it hard to snap pics of flying birds with my old school camera, LOL.

I will take some pics of the ones I am feeding later tonight. ( I am supposed to be cleaning the house..shhh, don't tell, LOL)

Hope you enjoy them!!

Last edited:

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
You can send them all to me if you want! They are all so cute and I can't wait to see more pics when they are fully feathered. :kiss2:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Wow, they are beautiful! I really enjoyed looking at these pics. So you've got a little wf aussie cinn violet? Hmmmm.... ;) Do the creaminos get peach faces?

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
LOL, They are too cute!! Aren't they?!

And yep, my fav is the wfb aussie. If it were a male I'd have to do some serious talking to the boyfriend to let me keep it!! And the creamino's will not get the full peach face, a peach brow though. They are actually dutch blue creaminos. In the 1st & 2nd shot of the breeders you will see the parents & what it will look like all grown. The creaminos are being claimed fast!! All are spoken for except one currently. One I am handfeeding because it is a friend getting it, so I want it to be extra sweet!!

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
OH MY GOSH........!!!!!!!!!
I'm melting here
such cute baby pics

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:heart: :heart: :heart: LOVELY

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
LOL, They are too cute!! Aren't they?!

And yep, my fav is the wfb aussie. If it were a male I'd have to do some serious talking to the boyfriend to let me keep it!! And the creamino's will not get the full peach face, a peach brow though. They are actually dutch blue creaminos. In the 1st & 2nd shot of the breeders you will see the parents & what it will look like all grown. The creaminos are being claimed fast!! All are spoken for except one currently. One I am handfeeding because it is a friend getting it, so I want it to be extra sweet!!
I see! They're beautiful! In the third pic, what mutation is wf with the olive wings at the very top?

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie

I see! They're beautiful! In the third pic, what mutation is wf with the olive wings at the very top?

He is a wfb sfv aussie. That pic doe not do him justice. He reminds me of an opal, & the lil wf aussie baby will look just like him!! He has to be my fav bird from her flock, well him & my Casso's mommie. I'll grab a pic of her!!She is the bottom bird...

Thanks everyone for the kind words :laughing12:

Anyone able to help with any of my mutation questions? I am still learning how to distinguish the babies at times..

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
He is a wfb sfv aussie. That pic doe not do him justice. He reminds me of an opal, & the lil wf aussie baby will look just like him!! He has to be my fav bird from her flock, well him & my Casso's mommie. I'll grab a pic of her!!She is the bottom bird...

Thanks everyone for the kind words :laughing12:

Anyone able to help with any of my mutation questions? I am still learning how to distinguish the babies at times..
oh i liks the green one and i wovs the babys:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Micki

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Micki
I don't have a clue about your questions, but :omg: those babies are adorable!

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Well, I kept my word & got some pics of the bubs I am raising!! Here we go!!

Oldest 1st, normal green/split to blue & Aussie sfv/wfb

Then the OF aussie & the creamino bubs...

Next we have the wfb sfv aussie gal & the green pied/OF...

Finally the two masked/fischers (...I know, tsk tsk, but I didn't do it, not my birds, just raising them) Still they're very cute.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Argh they are all so cute and colorful!Baby Fishers have to be the most adorable thing on the planet!Give them scritches for me. :swoon:

Jorg S.

Real Name
Jorg S
:omg: They are all so cute!
I have 3 pairs on eggs and they should be starting to hatch in the next 5-7 days.
These are my first clutches and I can't wait to see what they will look like.
If they are anywhere near as gorgeous as the ones you showed pix of I will be beside myself.

Lolle

Real Name
Louise
Can i have one? They are just SO cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.