• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More Argyle the Linnie progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
For the past two days, I play this cd of "pet music" in my office for the birds. They seem to really enjoy it, it's very relaxing. Then, I opened up Argyle's cage and just sit next to it, so my shoulder is right by the opening. Yesterday, he sat there next to me and investigated my sweatshirt with his beak. Today, I just sat there with the music on having a glass of wine, and he stepped out onto my shoulder!!! He is such a funny bird. He is fearful of hands, no doubt about it, but there is also a calmness about him. He seems very comfortable being close, he soft blinks at me and I do it back. It's the hands that make him afraid. After a little while, he climbed back onto his cage and went inside. It was really cool.

One thing he does, that none of my other birds do is he will walk across perches but he doesn't side step sideways, he looks straight ahead and walks pigeontoed along the perch. It is the cutest thing. Maybe this is a Linnie thing.

Vicki

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am glad he is warming up to you keep up the good work thanks for sharing

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Awww...thats so cute. And yes, that pigeon toed walk is a linnie thing. It is so funny, and adorable. Argyle is a cutie...maybe in time he will lose his fear of hands, but for now, it sounds like he is making great progress just learning to be near you and trust you. Good job! :highfive:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
have you made even further progress ? I am very much interested to find out :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.