• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More about Nemo the Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Okay, you will all have to tell me if I get too annoying with all the Nemo reports but I am having so much fun with him! Here are the things I have learned about him. I would love to hear comments from others about whether or not some of these things are species specific.

1. He has the most fantastic yellow forehead:heart:

2. He seems to have more lower eyelid than my other birds. I don't know how to explain this but when he is very relaxed and being particularly adorable his lower eyelids come up a little rather than his upper eyelids coming down (like with my other birds). Is this a Meyer's thing? Does this make sense what I am saying. It is so cute.

3. He opens his mouth on me without biting me. He has done it when I step him up off the cage. He has been sitting on me and just started sort of licking my hand and exploring with his beak. He is gentle and careful but seems to be doing it with purpose.

4. He seems to love sitting on me and grooming. I take it as a compliment that he is relaxed and comfortable enough to do this.

5. He grooms his feet a lot. His feet look perfect in that I don't think that there is anything wrong with them but he seems particularly meticulous about making sure that his feet and nails are groomed well:)

That's it for now. He is an amazing boy! I love him already:heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwww that is so heartwarming..he obviously picked the perfect forever mommy

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I bet he is sooo happy to be appreciated! :)

Sounds like a match made in heaven!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Mango is same with his feet cleaning his all the time and his beak he hates wet food cant stand food on his beak
as for eyes couldnt say but open beak id say thats for balance ,,lol
wait till he learns to pinch thats worse than a bite,,lol it realy hurts Mangos great for pinching so look out for that ,,lol think its love bites
but for what ever reason enjoy what you have as hes enjoying you
wait till the day he sites on you and says i love you then kisses you talk about reward to me that was is the bigest reward i could have been given , that will do me till the day i die , as i know he knows what saying i love you realy means

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart: A Poifect Match!
So does this mean you are no longer on the lookout for a white capped pionus parrot?:p

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Vicki,
I love hearing about your sweet Nemo!
I completely understand!:loveshower:

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
Hahaha! Nemo sounds adorable! All my birds do the lower eyelid thing, so I think that's normal. But you're right: it's super cute. He sounds like such a sweet little guy! Congrats!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Okay, you will all have to tell me if I get too annoying with all the Nemo reports but I am having so much fun with him! Here are the things I have learned about him. I would love to hear comments from others about whether or not some of these things are species specific.

1. He has the most fantastic yellow forehead:heart:

2. He seems to have more lower eyelid than my other birds. I don't know how to explain this but when he is very relaxed and being particularly adorable his lower eyelids come up a little rather than his upper eyelids coming down (like with my other birds). Is this a Meyer's thing? Does this make sense what I am saying. It is so cute.

3. He opens his mouth on me without biting me. He has done it when I step him up off the cage. He has been sitting on me and just started sort of licking my hand and exploring with his beak. He is gentle and careful but seems to be doing it with purpose.

4. He seems to love sitting on me and grooming. I take it as a compliment that he is relaxed and comfortable enough to do this.

5. He grooms his feet a lot. His feet look perfect in that I don't think that there is anything wrong with them but he seems particularly meticulous about making sure that his feet and nails are groomed well:)

That's it for now. He is an amazing boy! I love him already:heart:
Hahah
Id say #1 is deffinitly breed specific, LOL
and Id say # 3, 4 & 5 sound just like Pru :)

As for 2 - I have no clue! LOL

Im so glad you love him so much!
He deserves it!

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
I LOVE to here about NEMO..DONT STOP!!!!:laughing12: He is one special boy,how does your hubby like him. give him smooches from Aunt Tanya and the Gang here in Michigan

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awww, he sounds like such a sweetie!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
"Nemo the perfect"!!!! Is that similar to "Tika the knife"!! :D

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so happy for you, Vicki :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
:heart: A Poifect Match!
So does this mean you are no longer on the lookout for a white capped pionus parrot?:p

I would still love to have one at some point but no more birds here for sure. I am at my max. Very manageable but I wouldn't have anymore. I will have to keep admiring Sachi from afar:)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I LOVE to here about NEMO..DONT STOP!!!!:laughing12: He is one special boy,how does your hubby like him. give him smooches from Aunt Tanya and the Gang here in Michigan

Rick has held him!! Just one time, but he did it and the other night we sat in that room (where Rick hates hanging out) so we could hang out with Nemo:)

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
He sounds so adorable! Glad things are going so well for you and Nemo.
I know what you are talking about with the eyelid thing. Pretty has the same deal. She's also likes to put her beak on us as well as groom her feet alot. Maybe it's a Poi thing.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
He sounds so adorable! Glad things are going so well for you and Nemo.
I know what you are talking about with the eyelid thing. Pretty has the same deal. She's also likes to put her beak on us as well as groom her feet alot. Maybe it's a Poi thing.
Thanks everyone I am loving the little man:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Interesting that you have noticed that about Pretty as well with her eyelids. I do not see my others doing it and it gives Nemo a cheeky little look:p

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Regarding the eyelids, it might indeed be a Poi thing..I noticed it on a few of mines as well, specially Petey.

Status
Not open for further replies.