• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Monkey see, monkey do really works

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bailey's favorite vegetable is broccoli. When I went shopping, I got a broccoli/cauliflower mix. I gave him some broccoli and then he was curious to see what I was eating so he came over to me and ate my cauliflower. I just put some in his dish and he is really eating it. Is anything sacred any more?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Not to a monkey! :lol: :hug8:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
They are so funny!! At least he is going for something healthy!! :eating:

Jenks goes for my coffee which he absolutely can't have! I have to use a lid now because he wants whats in my cup so badly.:rofl:

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Don't you know what is his is his and what's yours is his? ;)
Yes but he is the first one who has ever liked cauliflower so I thought I was ok.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
They are so funny!! At least he is going for something healthy!! :eating:

Jenks goes for my coffee which he absolutely can't have! I have to use a lid now because he wants whats in my cup so badly.:rofl:
I can see that. If Bailey is interested in something that is not good for him, I distract him but putting him on top of his cage and giving him something he loves.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I can see that. If Bailey is interested in something that is not good for him, I distract him but putting him on top of his cage and giving him something he loves.
I so so wish that would work for me. :yes3: He just flies his cute little self right back to me. :lol:Nothing is better than what Mom is drinking or eating. I can fake him out with nutriberries for a little bit if I'm eating but not the cup. We "play" move the cup if he is out and I am still in coffee mode. I move the cup he goes after it, I move it again he works his way around to where ever it is, and we repeat. I usually give up before he does. :facepalm: :D

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I so so wish that would work for me. :yes3: He just flies his cute little self right back to me. :lol:Nothing is better than what Mom is drinking or eating. I can fake him out with nutriberries for a little bit if I'm eating but not the cup. We "play" move the cup if he is out and I am still in coffee mode. I move the cup he goes after it, I move it again he works his way around to where ever it is, and we repeat. I usually give up before he does. :facepalm: :D
[/QUO

With my hours, I am pretty simple when it comes to food. I don't drink coffee because of my weird hours and so most of what I eat, Bailey can eat. Come to think about it, I now eat a lot more broccoli than I used to. I guess Bailey has had an effect on me.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I thought this was a romanticized, kind of cutesy suggestion-- or maybe something that only worked with bigger birds. Then I put a pellet in my mouth and watched baby budgie do the exact same thing, one little beady eye on me the whole time. :wideyed:
That is so cool. I am lucky, Bailey came loving his pellets. He doesn't like all vegetables. He is not a fan of cucumbers. But he does investigate everything I eat and I have special "plates" (tops of takeout containers) where I give him his treats. Birds are flock animals and if you don't die from eating the pellets, then they must be ok.