• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Monkee Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
It just dawned on me that I forgot to post this after Monkee's last vet appointment!

Recap for those who don't know: Monkee has been battling recurring yeast growth in her crop for several months. She's been on meds more often than not the past couple months, trying to kill the yeast. The most recent treatment, we double the nystatin dosage to see if that helped. She's also been getting a couple immune-boosters and no fruit (or other high-sugar foods) or anything with yeast in it (bread, etc-- which she never got much of anyway). Also ACV in the water once a week.

Monkee went to the vet again a couple weeks ago to recheck for yeast and...

It was all gone!:dance4:

We're soo hoping that she doesn't get it again. We're still restricting fruit to very little, and she's still getting the immune boosters (Harrison's Bird Booster on the pellets, a homeopathic immune booster every other day) and ACV once a week.

When Monkee did have the yeast, I noticed she was extremely quiet. Like, it was rare to hear her make any sounds, ever. Now she's started making alarm calls when Lucy does, and she is actually making some noises! She was also doing vomitting motions (she didn't actually bring anything up, but would bob her head and then shake it side-to-side), and we haven't noticed that in a while.

Please keep your fingers crossed that we don't have to battle this again!

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Congratulations- I hope she stays healthy!

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Thanks, I do too! It's nice not having to medicate her twice a day... she really, really, hates it!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Great news!! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.