• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moluccan Too found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A Moluccan Too was found tonight in Marion, Wisconsin. Person who has it has no bird experience and needs help. Her message was on the Pets Discussion board of CL. Then I saw this add.
Found Exotic Parrot

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Oh I hope she can get some help. Maybe someone can get her over here?

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh, I sure hope someone is able to help her.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oh dear :( I really hope that someone is able to claim the bird as their own! I'm sure the owner is worried sick. I would HOPE that no one would relase a bird in these temps...its subzero temperatures this far north!

mtngirl

Sprinting down the street
I hope her person finds her soon. I am also glad that her CL ad asks for the person to identify his/her bird....that way she doesn't go to just anyone.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Awww I hope the owner is found. I agree I bet the owner is worried sick. :( Poor Too.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Can we have an update please.

Ginger

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Update, Jennifer (thebirdnerds) Pm'd me with someone who lost a too. I contacted the woman who found the bird and gave her the numbers. Unfortunately the numbers did not have area codes, but the woman was going to try them.
It is in a large dog crate at her house and I could hear some sounding off in the background. The woman was not very friendly. She stated the person was stupid for letting the bird out. I explained about accidents. She then lectured me on wing clipping. By the way she has never owned a bird. She said if she found the owner she would decide on whether to give the bird back or not. I explained how birds develop very close bonds with thier humans and is probably scared. She said it was fine and they were feeding it all the table food it wanted. She announced she had to go and would call the numbers I gave her.
So there you have it. Not very promising.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
:mad: I pray this birds owner is found. This does not sound good at all.

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
i pray this bird finds it owner...poor scared Too

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not far from that area ..

If any of the rescue folk can convince her to give up the bird, I'd be willing to help with transport or something .. until the rightful owner, or at least proper home could be found.

emilybsharp

Real Name
Emily
i really hope someone didnt let it go.. who knows how long this baby flied. it seems the lady that found him is not very friendly at all

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Yikes...that doesn't sound like a good situation. It sounds like she is wanting to keep the bird, and I dont' think she is really equipped to do so, especially knowledge-wise! Poor birdie!

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have not heard anymore. There are no other posts on CL from the woman who found the bird. I called earlier today but it went right to an answering machine. This is disappointing. I really wanted to know how things turned out. I may try to call later.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Update, Jennifer (thebirdnerds) Pm'd me with someone who lost a too. I contacted the woman who found the bird and gave her the numbers. Unfortunately the numbers did not have area codes, but the woman was going to try them.
It is in a large dog crate at her house and I could hear some sounding off in the background. The woman was not very friendly. She stated the person was stupid for letting the bird out. I explained about accidents. She then lectured me on wing clipping. By the way she has never owned a bird. She said if she found the owner she would decide on whether to give the bird back or not. I explained how birds develop very close bonds with thier humans and is probably scared. She said it was fine and they were feeding it all the table food it wanted. She announced she had to go and would call the numbers I gave her.
:( Table food?:(

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I also tried to call, as I'm not far, to offer assistance. I'm not a Too person, but I'm better equipped to take on a large bird until the real owners can be found. My call was not returned.

I've hunted all over the Midwest area Craigslist ads, trying to see if I can find anyone who's lost a Too .. but haven't found a dang thing.

Either the real owner of this Too doesn't know about Craigslist, or the other means of posting for a lost bird, or the bird was set loose. I can't imagine someone turning a pricey Too loose .. but .. it's not beyond the realm of possibilities.

The ad is still up though .. who knows what's going on.

Saying a prayer for the bird.

vancha

I'm seen many people like this... Who think the bird is "better off with them" for whatever reason, but know nothing about birds at all. It is truly regrettable that she won't return the calls that are being made in the bird's best interest... I just hope she comes to her senses...

TITANIS

No, unfortunately it doesn't seem promising. If they have never owned or cared for birds they could easily do harm and possibly even cause its death. Someone who has bird experience needs to visit this person or at least talk some sense into them. Moluccans are not budgies, they are large, very powerful birds and extremely intelligent. The owner has every right to reclaim their companion, regardless what this person deems is the just thing to do.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went to the CL site again for Wisconsin. The woman posted late last night. She stated in her post that she has notified ASPCA, Read the papers and I think posted an ad. She was very upset that no one has come forward and feels that the owner just released the bird. She thanked everyone for calling her. I don't know what her plans are. I checked 911 parrot alert and there was no lost Too fitting his description.

Status
Not open for further replies.