• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moluccan Too found

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Bummer..:( I hope at the very least someone can take him that knows birds.

Cassidy

Strolling the yard
People seem to be bashing this woman when she really may be trying to look after the best interest of the bird. I know if *I* found an M2 and random people were just calling me assuring me that they know what's in the birds best interest and would "take it in," I probably would ignore the calls as well. Imagine how many people are googling the species and seeing the value, then giving her a call trying to get the bird.

Surely if she's familiar with craigslist, she's familiar with the web and is hopefully researching the care of this bird.

Regarding the pish-poshing and sad faces at the mention of feeding him "table food," for all we know this woman eats very healthy and is feeding him perfectly healthy things. My birds eat bits and pieces of many things I'm eating. Hopefully she is feeding him some kind of bird food as well, but it sounds like she has received a ton of advice.

And IMHO, if someone allows their M2 to get loose, then yes, there is reason to be concerned about the welfare of the bird going back to that owner. I think she is right to be very cautious (though not rude) when dealing with various people offering to "take in" the bird or tell her how to care for it. There are likely many different people telling her many different things.

I think people are being a little hard on her.

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
I support the post by Cassidy. I feel the same way. It's smart for the woman not to release the Too to just anyone. Good for her.

Does anyone know if there are any updates on this by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.