• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Molting?

Anna&Aruan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Beatriz
Hey everyone! As i have said in some other posts, i got my tiel as a baby and he's still a juvenile, beeing so he havent had his first molt yet. Anyways, these weeks he have had a lot of pin feathers, i mean A lot, but they're really small and end up becoming these small fluffy feathers birds have as a first layer under the actual feathers.
So, straight up to my actual question, what does that mean? Is that the start of his first molt? Is it a fluffy feathers only molt? Does these feathers just fall and grow back all the time?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Usually, tiels molt in various stages. They can have some small molts where they lose some feathers and then a big molt where you think how did all these feathers come off one small bird. LOL. My tiels will often just lose some fluffy feathers but then at other times lose fluffy and big feathers. So it just depends.

Anna&Aruan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Beatriz
Usually, tiels molt in various stages. They can have some small molts where they lose some feathers and then a big molt where you think how did all these feathers come off one small bird. LOL. My tiels will often just lose some fluffy feathers but then at other times lose fluffy and big feathers. So it just depends.
Oh thanks ^^