• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Molting?

Nicole Bred

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole Renee Bredeson
Hi! i have my cockatiel who is about 8 months old now, and i think he might be starting to molt, but i’m not sure and i guess i want to be sure that he’s not just hurt some how . these are the best pictures that i could get, but it looks like a random patch that has tons of tiny tiny pin feathers in it. he lets me touch it and it doesn’t seem to bother him, but i just want to be sure haha

Attachments

Nicole Bred

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole Renee Bredeson
Hi! i have my cockatiel who is about 8 months old now, and i think he might be starting to molt, but i’m not sure and i guess i want to be sure that he’s not just hurt some how . these are the best pictures that i could get, but it looks like a random patch that has tons of tiny tiny pin feathers in it. he lets me touch it and it doesn’t seem to bother him, but i just want to be sure haha View attachment 322402 View attachment 322403 View attachment 322402

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hes moulting into his adult plumage ;)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It honestly looks like an area where some feathers got scraped away... maybe he bumped into something a little too hard?

If he's acting normal, probably nothing to be concerned about. :)