• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Molting season, oh how we missed you.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Turns out the light molt in February was just a ruse, and April is showing it’s true colors! Any of your birds also molting like their life depends on it?

I’ve become a full time pin feather demolisher for the grumpy Cactus Head.
09EA21E3-C86C-4F5B-B31C-11BD02EFF9AC.jpeg Miss Cactus he- I mean Mimi, is none too pleased but that’s nothing millet won’t solve! 38900864-773A-4091-A236-DC936011DBEA.jpeg

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Everyone molting here! Well, mostly everyone, Obsidan looks shocking and is completly covered in pins, Opal's not quite as bad, But the chickens! They look like they've exploded!! There is feathers everywhere!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Wow! That’s a lot of sheath material!
I know right? I was scratching them off for a solid 10 minutes. She was in birdie heaven! :lol:
They look like they've exploded!! There is feathers everywhere!
Too funny!! I swear, there’s a new record for “how many feathers can I make mom clean up today” everyday here.. :faint:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Yes! The budgies are exploding! Poor Mark looks especially scrappy!:imok:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I have a whole flock (of 6) all in synchronised moult. Started with the (poof) down feathers about a month ago and right now they're shedding flights and tail feathers everywhere.
If I was saving them I'd be out of storage, but I still have to clear them up every day :sweep:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I have a whole flock (of 6) all in synchronised moult. Started with the (poof) down feathers about a month ago and right now they're shedding flights and tail feathers everywhere.
If I was saving them I'd be out of storage, but I still have to clear them up every day :sweep:
Wish mine would do that, it's never ending here!
I am only collect white flights and tail feathers (so only Opal's and Snowflake's) and a couple very pretty ones like Snowflake's longest tail feather.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
So many feathers everywhere!:marievacuums:Mark looks better today, but so many pinnies! Parker has very few pin feathers, can you guess why?
20210416_173943_Film1.jpg 20210416_174020_Film1.jpg 20210416_174032_Film1.jpg 20210416_174112_Film1.jpg 20210416_174244_Film1.jpg

(Answer is: Mark preens Parker but will not let Parker preen him)