• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Molt?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I saw some pin feathers on Kiwi's cheek today, and I think he may be molting. Kiwi is an estimated 91 days old.
20190719_173627.jpg 20190719_173505.jpg

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Fergus has been rubbing his face on perches and bars for a few days now - yep, I think you're right!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I saw some pin feathers on Kiwi's cheek today, and I think he may be molting. Kiwi is an estimated 91 days old.
View attachment 310219 View attachment 310220
Your boy is becoming a young man. Can really see his cere turning blue now. I love them at this age, it's around the time they start developing their proper evensong and trills. Kiwi will also develop his proper cheek patches as part of this moult.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I love them at this age, it's around the time they start developing their proper evensong and trills. Kiwi will also develop his proper cheek patches as part of this moult.
So it's the time when they start doing their morning and evening songs? Because I've noticed that he's been much more chatty recently. :budgie:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
So it's the time when they start doing their morning and evening songs? Because I've noticed that he's been much more chatty recently. :budgie:
Puberty happens at any time of the year. He'll develope his signature song over the next few months so it's a great time to try teaching him to mimic words or sounds.

Last edited: