• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo's play gym project

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Loving this whole thread!! And I’ve already said it, but boy I can’t believe how much your baby looks like mine as a baby!!
Did you just use a hand saw to cut the PVC? What other tools!? I’m perusing PVC supply sites right now! :rofl:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Loving this whole thread!! And I’ve already said it, but boy I can’t believe how much your baby looks like mine as a baby!!
Did you just use a hand saw to cut the PVC? What other tools!? I’m perusing PVC supply sites right now! :rofl:
Used a jigsaw to cut the pipe and a power drill to drill holes for the fish eye hooks, a scap of paper with some lines on as a guideline.
I will hold my hands up as having no D.I.Y. skills at all if i can do this anyone could make one.

She had just managed another minute on it.

20210605_212802.jpg 20210605_212808.jpg 20210605_212811.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Awesome play stand!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Play gym day 2

What is this thing
20210606_192810.jpg

I dont know if i like it 20210606_192803.jpg

Oh hello whats this

20210606_192834.jpg 20210606_193023.jpg 20210606_193028.jpg 20210606_193759.jpg 20210606_193811.jpg
20210606_193906.jpg

Getting a bit more confident

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Marauding around it now.

20210606_201758.jpg 20210606_201911.jpg 20210606_201931.jpg 20210606_201936.jpg 20210606_202045.jpg 20210606_202213.jpg 20210606_202257.jpg 20210606_202308.jpg 20210606_202454.jpg 20210606_202704.jpg 20210606_202107.jpg

Wrapping the upright pipes was purely for cosmetics but worked out well as she can climb them thanks to the wrap.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
This was so fun to follow! I love the stand and the photos of Mojo exploring it gave me joy. Great job really. Mojo is one lucky conure.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is that H. actiniformis?? Is that what she’s so mesmerized by? They get my attention too.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
The playstand looks amazing! And it seems like Mojo approves of it too :heart2:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This was so fun to follow! I love the stand and the photos of Mojo exploring it gave me joy. Great job really. Mojo is one lucky conure.
Thanks really enjoyed making it and she seems to be enjoying it so far.

Is that H. actiniformis?? Is that what she’s so mesmerized by? They get my attention too.
No i am assuming you mean the Heteractis crispa she does like to watch the fish i have a pair of 9 year old Amphiprion frenatus that spend there time between the crispa and one of the 6 Entacmaea quadricolor i have in the tank, they are a spawning pair and spawn every couple of weeks the most placid clownfish i have ever owned.

The playstand looks amazing! And it seems like Mojo approves of it too :heart2:
Thanks

Sorry for late replies for some reason i unwatched my own thread doh.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No i am assuming you mean the Heteractis crispa she does like to watch the fish i have a pair of 9 year old Amphiprion frenatus that spend there time between the crispa and one of the 6 Entacmaea quadricolor i have in the tank, they are a spawning pair and spawn every couple of weeks the most placid clownfish i have ever owned.
I’ve never owned H. crispa. And although no stranger to Entacmaea quadricolor, I’ve currently only Urticina crassicornis as an Actiniidae right now. My favorite of the clowns has to be Premnas biaculeatus. There’s just something about them that I love.
Glad Mojo has something to look at!!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve never owned H. crispa. And although no stranger to Entacmaea quadricolor, I’ve currently only Urticina crassicornis as an Actiniidae right now. My favorite of the clowns has to be Premnas biaculeatus. There’s just something about them that I love.
Glad Mojo has something to look at!!
Crassicornis not something you see in the UK i have never seen one, Biaculeatus by far the most aggresive clowns imo im not a big clownfish fan to be honest i ended up with these two after a mate asked me to rehome them when he had to close his tank down due to a house move and he wanted them to go to someone who would take good care of them as he had kept them for 9 years.
I am glad i took them as they havent read the clownfish book and are really placid.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Biaculeatus by far the most aggresive clowns imo
You’re not wrong. Any time I put my hands in the tank, I end up with marks all over from them biting at me. They’re unsocial buttheads for sure.

Any chance you kept a supply list from the gym build? My husband said he will build your design for me but he’s an engineer and is spoiled rotten.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Love the stand!! So colourful and creative!!! :loveit:

I'd need to accommodate a 460g medium sized guy and a 1030g big boy (multiple stands, not all on one).
You could attach the stand to a heavy weighted wood base

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)

Great idea. And I would stack the bottom with a high pile of precut butcher paper with a slit from center pole out for easy cleanup.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You’re not wrong. Any time I put my hands in the tank, I end up with marks all over from them biting at me. They’re unsocial buttheads for sure.

Any chance you kept a supply list from the gym build? My husband said he will build your design for me but he’s an engineer and is spoiled rotten.
3 x 5 meter 20 mm furniture grade pvc pipe ( have got maybe 4 meters left over but at least 3 but this will be getting used for a training stand)
22 x 20 mm T pieces
10 x 20 mm end caps ( still got some of those left over )
4 x 20mm curves
12 x 50mm vetrinary bandage each roll was 450 cm long ( i still have a couple of metres left )
30 stainless steel fish eye hooks i used 16

This is something i considered however i wanted it to be easy to move from room to room.

Thanks for the nice feedback

@Sparkles! More by accident than design was wrapping the uprights in bandage it was purely cosmetic as the pipe looked drab, doing that though means Spicy girl can easily climb up and down the pipe.

None of the joints are bonded so easily pull out but are solid enough for Mojo.

I am planning on adding food bowls as Mojo flies to her cage grabs some food and flys back to the stand to eat it, i have now found a size that is suitable i will attatch these onto the end caps on the perches.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Just cracked open a ice cold beer much needed after 5 hours in the scorching sun.
So todays plans where to bring some lines and measurements to life so five hours ago i started sawing 15 metres of pipe into various sizes before assembling.

View attachment 385173 View attachment 385174

Its stands 1 metre and 10 cms high and is 50 cm square.

Now thats obviously just a load of pipes so next i fixed 20 fish eye hooks underneath the pipe to fix toys to.
Then needed to wrap with vetrinary bandage for Mojos feet and to add a splash of colour to keep things interesting for her.

View attachment 385175 View attachment 385176

Ok so maybe more than a splash of colour but i thought the bare pipe looked rubbish.
Now it needs a few toys i do need to make a few more but i think that will be for another day as its time to chill oh yeah toys.

View attachment 385177 View attachment 385178 View attachment 385179
Im pretty pleased with how it went but that doesnt matter if Mojo doesnt give it her seal of approval later today.
There are no food bowls on it yet however thats not a issue as there will be some food and water on top of her cage so she can fly 4 metres dow the living room if she needs a drink or a snack.
I need to find the right size bowl with the right fitting to attatch to the ends of the perches.
I cant say i would have done anything differently now it's finished lets just hope my girl enjoys it.
It fits the brief can be add to easily enough and its mobile so can go in my office when Mojo starts to join me during work. ( once she i behaved well enough that she wont disturb me during my work day )

I do think there will be a Mojo play gym part two though at some point if this gets the Mojo seal of approval.

View attachment 385180
I haven’t read much of this post but this looks amazing so far!