• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

mojo training recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo's daddy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christian
i decided that i am going to have a youtube page all dedicated to mojo, and the progress that he makes. today i started a little recall training and it went amazingley well! :laughing12: I could never in my wildest dreams (being a first time bird owner) have expected that a bird could be sooooo darn smart!

YouTube - bandr1002's Channel

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
VERY NICE!! You are doing SPLENDID with him! WAY TO GO!:dancing::dance4:

I do have to mention that your area seems to be a bit dark. Birds don't see too well in dim light. Improper amount of light can lead to health issues and behavioral issues later down the road :( So I recommend a lamp or another light By His Cage Area.:)

Last edited:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Christian, that is awesome. I had to subscribe to your youtube thing. Wish I had that natural ability with birds. I am consitantly inconsistant, lol

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
Very, very nice work. I really enjoyed watching this and you have definitely been doing your homework. For having him less than 2 weeks and training this behavior for less than a half hour, you have done great.

Can I tell you one thing that impressed me the most? When you were cueing Mojo to go back to his playstand from a further distance, not once did you move your hand to encourage flight. I loved this and kudos to you.

Mojo for some reason wanted to go to the back of the chair instead of his playstand. I wonder why and wonder if it was actually what Mercedes suggested, lack of light. I wonder if you bumped up the lighting during your training sessions at that time of day or evening, it that might make things go more smooth.

Very, very well done. ;)

Mojo's daddy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christian
i light.... i shall def bring more light into the living area, thanks!

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
Don't forget to show us more videos of your progress. I can't wait to see how quick she catches on.

Status
Not open for further replies.