• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That’s amazing hope your having a great time
Was seriously hot in Bangkok today its 21.16 now and 33 degrees hit 41 this morning :) early start tomorrow to fly another 780 km down to Krabi province then a taxi to the pier we will get one of the sea gypsies to take us to Jum in a longtail.

Jum is my favourite place i have ever been to and it will be a sweet 19 days. 20230120_132612.jpg
Even gonna keep my new years resolution up and play more guitar.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Was seriously hot in Bangkok today its 21.16 now and 33 degrees hit 41 this morning :) early start tomorrow to fly another 780 km down to Krabi province then a taxi to the pier we will get one of the sea gypsies to take us to Jum in a longtail.

Jum is my favourite place i have ever been to and it will be a sweet 19 days. View attachment 421812
Even gonna keep my new years resolution up and play more guitar.
Sounds absolutely amazing be careful with your back though that backpack looks heavy

as the girls been asking where’s Colin ?

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like you’re having a great time!
Very happy to hear you’ve trustworthy people in your house caring for the birds. The latest scam in Canada is to sell other people’s houses.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds absolutely amazing be careful with your back though that backpack looks heavy

as the girls been asking where’s Colin ?
Backpacks only 12 kg and most of that weight is the guitar :lol:
Had a chilled day today in Bangkok took a longtail tour of the Klongs ( rivers ) did try uploading pics but wifi garbage. Then had a siesta was so hot 41 degrees this morning its 10 bell. our first flight was ok by the end of the second my back was destroyed only a hour flight in the morning then 19 days on Jum, so looking forward to that warm sea, some of the most amazing food i have eaten.

No the girls havent been asking for me and i am pleased about that, they are being so good for our carers and i am peased we spent time on introductions erc.

Eddy and Charlotte have fallen in love with the girls ( that didnt surprise me )
The girls have took to them ( that has surprised me )

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like you’re having a great time!
Very happy to hear you’ve trustworthy people in your house caring for the birds. The latest scam in Canada is to sell other people’s houses.
We have known Charlotte for 33 years and seeing how her and Ed behaved with the girls was excellent.

Thats grim people selling peoples houses, no one could sell mine as they wouldnt have the paperwork.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Backpacks only 12 kg and most of that weight is the guitar :lol:
Had a chilled day today in Bangkok took a longtail tour of the Klongs ( rivers ) did try uploading pics but wifi garbage. Then had a siesta was so hot 41 degrees this morning its 10 bell. our first flight was ok by the end of the second my back was destroyed only a hour flight in the morning then 19 days on Jum, so looking forward to that warm sea, some of the most amazing food i have eaten.

No the girls havent been asking for me and i am pleased about that, they are being so good for our carers and i am peased we spent time on introductions erc.

Eddy and Charlotte have fallen in love with the girls ( that didnt surprise me )
The girls have took to them ( that has surprised me )
Oh good glad it’s not too heavy sounds like once in a life time trip not jealous at all in this cold uk :rofl:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh good glad it’s not too heavy sounds like once in a life time trip not jealous at all in this cold uk :rofl:
If you only do it once do it, this is our 8th time here and will be our 6th time on Jum.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It’s organized crime. They forge the paperwork. They’re also mortgaging other people’s houses.
Shocking that not something that worries me though.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Oh
If you only do it once do it, this is our 8th time here and will be our 6th time on Jum.
Oh we’ll definitely not jealous now think you should have sent me instead haha :rofl:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The girls on the whole welcome us back KiKI was her usual self and continued to be her usual self Mojo become very anxious when ever we left the room with extremelly loud flock calling not a peep out of little Kicker, I think Mojo is having seperation anxiety she has become at first very nippy when coming out of the cage she always gives me a kiss but then a nip ( not a bite ) she does the same to Tracy and then Keek then Keek Go's crazy for 10 mins until they settle down to there usual selves.

I believe Mojo missed me and Tracy however i think the sepperation anxiety was that she was unable to be with KiKi while we where away, everything was planned with the carers the girls would be out everday and before we left Mojo become so hormonal only me and Tracy could manage her so i had to make the call dont let her out whilst we are away, they could have managed KiKi but the moral call was and Keek has to stay in.
I have reflected on this decision for a few days and dont regret it to be honest, we are giving Mojo lots of reaasurance and whilst she was a bit velcro at first she seems to getting back to her normal self.

Things have no doubt been made worse as i now need to wear glasses to read so Mojo doesnt see me for weeks and then she meets a bloke who looks like me sounds like but is wearing glasses, she wasn't aggresive but appeared confused and was asking where's Colin i took my glasses off but she continued to ask ? I think she was asking where the guy who took care of her was he wears glasses.

She is much more settled now, both of there cages are going to get a good overhaul at the weekend, KiKi has started just using a bit of her cage again so i have started moving her foraging mug every day however i have decided i am going to remove all of her long bouncy manzanita perches and i am going to put the big Java perch above her cage into her cage it is much more stable and she is used to it.
I will be changing everything above there cages on Saturday i have a plan no doubt most of the plan wont work but will see how it go's

Weighed them both yesterday Mojo 78 gram KiKi 68 gram little fatty has put weight on

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Glad they have settled and you had to do what you thought was best while you were away once you are back into your routine I am sure everything will be good again and forgive :lol:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Love the video of them so cute :strhng:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad they have settled and you had to do what you thought was best while you were away once you are back into your routine I am sure everything will be good again and forgive :lol:
Things are settling more day by day the flock calling from Mojo has reduced massively.
Just been getting everything ready for there cage overhauls tomorrow :)
Gonna remove everything above there cages tonight when they go back in for there bedtime Nutriberri ( well KiKi is getting lafaber pelletberries at the moment she doesnt get them in her bowl they are going in her foraging mugs i put Mojo's mug in KeeKs cage as she had stopped moving about again :lol: )

Hopefully the plan i have in my head for the tops of there cages will work.

Box of gear ready for tomorrow morning

20230217_174831.jpg

When i started typing this James come on the radio i started to make a noise " i cant sing a note " Mojo stoppped preening KiKi ran across the couch jumped on my hand and danced, then she was on the floor and now shes under the couch. :nocomment:

Normsl service has been resumed

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Things are settling more day by day the flock calling from Mojo has reduced massively.
Just been getting everything ready for there cage overhauls tomorrow :)
Gonna remove everything above there cages tonight when they go back in for there bedtime Nutriberri ( well KiKi is getting lafaber pelletberries at the moment she doesnt get them in her bowl they are going in her foraging mugs i put Mojo's mug in KeeKs cage as she had stopped moving about again :lol: )

Hopefully the plan i have in my head for the tops of there cages will work.

Box of gear ready for tomorrow morning

View attachment 423354

When i started typing this James come on the radio i started to make a noise " i cant sing a note " Mojo stoppped preening KiKi ran across the couch jumped on my hand and danced, then she was on the floor and now shes under the couch. :nocomment:

Normsl service has been resumed
Love that she’s dance obviously she loves the singing

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Had a busy stripped everything out of both cages,scrubbed both cages and all off the girls perches.
Chsnged KiKi perches over and moved her toys about added a new toy for her.
20230218_114630.jpg

20230218_112815.jpg

Changed Mojos cage about and put some new toys in for her.

20230218_113534.jpg 20230218_113516.jpg

Whilst i was working away they where checking things out.

20230218_112227.jpg 20230218_112220.jpg

20230218_112215.jpg

So cages all sorted time to do above the cages so put the girls in so i can get going with no distractions. I had one bag of Higgins Worldly Cuisines left so cooked that for them made there Not Chop.

20230218_120201.jpg 20230218_120218.jpg

20230218_120225.jpg 20230218_120219.jpg

The African Sunset W.C. has been given the wings up by the girls the other 3 where ignored we have got a microwave now though so was able to cook it as instructed that might have made a difference.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Everything looks great on the cages redo! And the girlies are as lovely as ever :heart: