• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Good job everyone.

Mojo and kiki are so adorable.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The day started with KiKi deciding not to come out of her cage, i had put a foraging box on top of her cage and she could see the seeds through the box so was trying to get them :loltears:

I encoraged her out with a toy but she soon lost interest and was back into her cage for those seeds :nocomment:

When they come out for the evening zoomies nothing unusual KiKi had decided to sit on my knee.
20221018_135527.jpg

All of a sudden she ran up the front of my jacket and sat on my shoulder :heart: she sat there for about 10 mins no drama just being KeeKs chilling she really made me smile.
I dont doubt she has had a degree of trust with me but this felt very much on another level.
After she had enough of my shoulder she flew to her tree on the coffee table so i sat on the coffee table and offered her a finger she beaked it and then stepped up of the tree :) she has only ever stepped up when she has been sitting on my leg.

She has really come on i havent done any training with her i think she has followed Mojo's lead ( Mojo does a whistle we call the whistle kiss KiKi does it now ) she has taught herself a lot.

IMG-20221018-WA0003.jpg

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The day started with KiKi deciding not to come out of her cage, i had put a foraging box on top of her cage and she could see the seeds through the box so was trying to get them :loltears:

I encoraged her out with a toy but she soon lost interest and was back into her cage for those seeds :nocomment:

When they come out for the evening zoomies nothing unusual KiKi had decided to sit on my knee.
View attachment 415131

All of a sudden she ran up the front of my jacket and sat on my shoulder :heart: she sat there for about 10 mins no drama just being KeeKs chilling she really made me smile.
I dont doubt she has had a degree of trust with me but this felt very much on another level.
After she had enough of my shoulder she flew to her tree on the coffee table so i sat on the coffee table and offered her a finger she beaked it and then stepped up of the tree :) she has only ever stepped up when she has been sitting on my leg.

She has really come on i havent done any training with her i think she has followed Mojo's lead ( Mojo does a whistle we call the whistle kiss KiKi does it now ) she has taught herself a lot.

View attachment 415134
Yay Kiki! Well done beautiful girlie. :heart:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

View attachment 415131

View attachment 415134
aww that’s brilliant bet it made your day they are so gorgeous my dream bird

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
aww that’s brilliant bet it made your day they are so gorgeous my dream bird
Felt really privileged she has come on so much, she has always just done her own thing on her own terms even with Mojo so yeah made my day.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Felt really privileged she has come on so much, she has always just done her own thing on her own terms even with Mojo so yeah made my day.
shows how amazing you are with the girls she was always going to come around but like most women it’s her terms:rofl:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a day :faint:

Heard mojo asking for me wheres Colin :faint:

My 3 year old granson turned up the curtain was closed into the living room and he shout into the room are Mojo and KiKi out grandad ? yes little man.
Can i come in and see them again grandad ?
So little George come into the room again sat with the girls he asked if he could give Mojo a seed :nocomment: so Georgey boy sat on my knee i called Mojo over was very weary and told little man to keep his hands down and be chilled and hold a seed up, he fed Mojo 4 seeds she was a very good girl.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo is still asking wheres Colin when i leave the room :)

The girls are doing great but it very much seems like Mojo wants to be with KeeKs 24/7 there is a lot of contact calling calling from Mojo the minute she cant see KeeK when theye are in there houses.
There cages are now pushed together each night and they both sleep right next to each other right through the night, As much as Mojo wants to be with KeeK all the time Kicker doesnt want that she really doesnt like being in the same cage as Mojo.

Having the cages touching each other like this is definately a risk that one of the girls may get a bite from the other through the bars that could be damaging, ifs not something i would advise however i am trying to meet the nightime needs of both the girls.
I started working on this a while ago when i started wrapping there cages together so they could see each other, have been moving the cages closer together since then.

They have been sleeping like this for a few weeks with no issues, there is no plan to cage them together during the day or overnight as much as it seems Mojo wants little Kicks all the time it's very clear KeeK wants her own safe space.

The allopreen and allofeed play together and appear to be bonded but theyre not, maybe one day..

I only say one day for the happines of the girls. If they ever start living together this wkll be led by the girl 20221016_111257.jpg s of course.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Maybe you could put plexiglass between them so they can see each other but no bites.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
To get Kicker on the scales two things are required -
1. One sunflower seed
2. Mojo to be distracted so she doesnt see the sunflower seed

Weighed Mojo i just put her the scale then put her by her foraging box all good.
Sunflower seed KeeK flies down get her weighed :tmsmakesme: Mojo clocks the seed.
So she spent the next 10 mins weighing herself so i gave her a treat before putting the scales away.
20221128_183239.jpg 20221128_183221.jpg 20221128_183217.jpg 20221128_183208.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
To get Kicker on the scales two things are required -
1. One sunflower seed
2. Mojo to be distracted so she doesnt see the sunflower seed

Weighed Mojo i just put her the scale then put her by her foraging box all good.
Sunflower seed KeeK flies down get her weighed :tmsmakesme: Mojo clocks the seed.
So she spent the next 10 mins weighing herself so i gave her a treat before putting the scales away.
View attachment 418190 View attachment 418191 View attachment 418192 View attachment 418193
That is beyond adorable

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
20221206_183500.jpg
She flew out into the kitchen after me tonight and landed on my head :) then later she stepped up from a perch above her cage she was very cautious and didnt hang around on my finger for long.
She spends a lot of time close to me now we sit and chat and when Mojo annoys her she flys straight to me.
So pleased with how her confidence is growing, i have often described her as a nervy girl but have reflected on this and she is really a independant girl, she has always done her thing in her time on her terms.

They both get Not Chop twice a day now so have split the portions into two, they always got there not chop when they where caged whilst we are working or busy at weekends.
But now the not chop go's where the girls go.
There first portion they also get sprouted seeds they like there food.

20221206_183912.jpg 20221206_184053.jpg 20221206_182422(0).jpg 20221206_182417.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
M.I.A.she was found pretty quickly here she is enjoying nutriberrie a pleased we found you treat.

20221208_192512.jpg

We both often leave the room the birds do fine on there own we dont leave them for long.
Tonight we both come back into the room no KiKi, i ask Mojo where she is ? Nothing , i call her nothing, ask Mojo where she is ? Mojo calls her nothing :nocomment:
So we check the floor and then its a KiKi hunt im calling her Tracy calling her Mojo stressing.
Tracy opened the curtain to the doors into the conservatory, the she was on the floor not a care in the world she walked out and flew up onto the top of Mojos cage, she likes to chill on top of the curtains before bed and must have fell down behind them.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We found lurch in the basket for the washing machine one evening. He wasn't flying much yet so figured he'd be fine for a while if we left. He must have spooked, made a emergency flight and bounced into the open door for the washer then into the basket. Luckily it was empty and dry but he couldn't get back out. We started leaving it closed after that...

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Excellent Job, Mojo! You do very good work :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pretty girl.