• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorted another foraging box out to stop them arguing over the one box.
20220619_174810.jpg
Of course now theres two they are happy to share.
20220619_180255.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has started screaming a lot when she go's back into her cage this is not becaue she has gone back into her cage this is because she isnt with KiKi anymore she hangs on the side of her cage screaming for KeeK's:( KiKi just cracks on without a care in the world playing with her toys.

They are now getting on exceptionally well outside of there cages with Mojo ocassionally being quite overwhelming to little Kicker who thankfully now flies straight to me when it all gets to much for her ( she still hates my hands but will quite happily have them keep Mojo away )

I have had to try and manage Mojo following Keeks into her cage as KiKi doeant like her being in there however Mojo just heads on in and is happy in for the night so i am now having to get KiKi back out of her cage not hard as she doesnt want to be i there with Mojo, Mojo is a bit tougher to get out :nocomment:

Once both back out i give them both a few mins and then call KiKi to her cage then pick the diva up and put her back in her house all good and then the flock calling screaming starts, She is totally calling for KiKI as her call for me is very different.

I really dont know how to approach this Mojo can not be with KiKi as thats not what K appears to want as she gets distressed but now Mojo is getting distressed when she is not with KeeK.

any help or advice would be much appreciated

@webchirp @Sparkles!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@Monica sorry I don’t have a good idea for this one. Usually if mine buddy up, I cage them together. And having a bird room means they can screech without making me nutty.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Monica sorry I don’t have a good idea for this one. Usually if mine buddy up, I cage them together. And having a bird room means they can screech without making me nutty.
Giving this a try tonight they have always been covered seperately, have made a temporery cover that go's round both cages.
They can now see each other.
20220628_193523.jpg

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Great pics :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwww

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi has never liked hands snatches treats from your hand and runs away and when stepping up she would grab her reward and be away.
She will happily sit on my leg my arms but no hands.
About 8 weeks ago KiKi started beaking my hand before running away.
I started doing step up training with her again with the same result snatch the seed and away.
I would only do step up training if she beaked my hand, the beaking become more regular as did the step up training. KiKi soon stopped snatching the reward but would quickly scarper.
Today she decided my finger was ok to sit on for a bit after stepping up before Mojo distracted her and she flew off.
She came back later if offered my finger to her and she stepped up again.

20220710_191854.jpg 20220710_191908.jpg 20220710_191841.jpg

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Pippen always wants to nibble, bite, and peck, then eventually she flips her head against the bars for scritches. Good job, your slowly proving to her your hands are trustworthy and make good places to perch on. :xflove:

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
Aww, they are so sweet together! Whenever you post pics of them together, it always makes me think Argo needs a same-species friend. Not sure he agrees though, since he seems quite sure he is human, lol.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Giving this a try tonight they have always been covered seperately, have made a temporery cover that go's round both cages.
They can now see each other.
View attachment 409410
This has worked a treat and no screaming :)

20220722_191857.jpg

Have told them its time for bed they sit of and chill with each other while i cover them.
Once covered they chirup to each other for a bit before heading off to where they sleep.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After a busy morning out included a attempted nutriberrie heist and a succesful raid on Mojo's cage by KiKi.
KeeKs was playing on top of Mojo's cage and spotted the chilli Mojo had left on her platform perch ( Mojo often puts a chilli there for later )
20220726_132542.jpg
Mojo looks on at the sneak thief :lol:

20220726_132548.jpg

Back in there cages now and enjoying there Not Chop.

20220726_140148.jpg