• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So KiKi has now started chewing on her rope perch this is a total nightmare as this is a integral perch for her getting about and offers a thicker option for her feet. I can't get wrap it she chews get wrap :nocomment:

So need to keep my eye on the rope perch and plan on removing it and replacing with wood perches, short term this will have to be Manzanita as that's what I can get hold of easiest the rope perch needs to be gone before my potential holidays next month.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got the toyboxes in/on i wanted them there so they can be used either when the girls are in or out of the cage.

20211231_175455.jpg 20211231_175502.jpg
Surprisingly little kicker has had her head in hers allready just couldnt reach the nutriberry thats in sight but just out of Reach.

And a gratuitous final pic of 2021 of my two best friends. 20211231_175517.jpg

I would never have thought this time last year i would be the owner of one parrot let alone two, its been a steep learning curve but the most enjoyable journey here's to many more years with these little rascals.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This has become KiKi's favourite toy she keeps going back for more.

20220101_181253.jpg 20220101_181334.jpg

She especially loves the cork and the sola stars.

Mojo empties hers in about 30 mins flat and then meanders around her cage enjoying all the bits she has thrown on the floor.

20220101_181345.jpg 20220101_181401.jpg

My favourite purchase from Nutz by far

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have seen some excelent progress tonight with one of the behaviours i wanted to stop from Mojo :bliss:

She started the night being a absolute rascal went into the foraging box and wouldnt let Kicker in she was nasty my hand got the good news from her when i tried to grab a straw for KeeK cos she couldnt get a look in however after about 30 mins crazy Mojo became chill Mojo wanted to come and play with me and KiKI got her time foraging, I wonder if this is a dominance thing i get first pic you get what i dont want ?

Now where the improvement happened was Mojo was going into little KeeKs cage for a drink then they would fight it got quite messy i have since then started intervening when i clocked she was heading into KiKi's cage and putting her into her cage on her water bowl and telling her if she want water then thats where she go's for it, initially i was giving her a treat but on the advice of @Sparkles! i stopped this.

Well tonight she went into her own cage 3 times for a drink i praised her on each ocassion and gave her a fuss telling her she was a good girl and will confess the third time i gave her a reward as she had done so well.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has started enjoying the floor

20220108_174733.jpg

KeeK stood on the coffee table looking at Mojo looking at me looking at Mojo etc.

All the livestock from my fishtank is going tommorow and hopefully the tank will be gone before i go to Thailand after a day of wheeling and dealing, I cant wait to move the girls cages into the alcove and create a real area for them for when they are out of there cage.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I put a caitec foraging wheel into Mojo's cage today and a caitec foraging tumbler into KiKi's.
Mojo was onto the wheel as soon as she went back into her cage and has had me chuckling for hours, she can turn it but hast quite worked out how to line the holes up the get to her treats she has a go and then just shouts at it :laughing7:
KiKi showing no interest in the tumbler no surprise there.
20220113_103854.jpg 20220113_103950.jpg

Mojo can be a bit much for KiKi at times she is a bruiser compared to my little Keeks, KiKi normally flys away from her to get a bit of piece but now she has started flying to me :) and just chills on my leg.

20220113_103945.jpg

:lol: and whilst i was typing this Mojo realised there are holes in the foraging wheel and is now eating a piece of millet.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Disregard the above Mojo was a total clown today after several hours out she decided to annoy KiKi, KeeKs flew to me this usually diffuses things not today though Mojo quickly followed and attacked her going straight for KiKi's wing KeeK screamed i quickly got my hand between them so my hand got the good news from Mojo think i got bitten about half a dozen times :nocomment: . KiKi flew off Mojo flew after her to have another go again my hand got the good news i asked Mojo to step up and she did straight away i was taking her back to her cage and my hand got it again :nocomment:
Thankfully little Kicker is fine no damage and happily playing with her toys. My hand is quite red but no broken skin so not a full on assault from the feathered spitfire.
There was no trigger from KiKi and up until this point they where happily playing together and preening each other as usual.
Mojo is going through quite a bad moult so is pretty cranky.
Will be letting them out again after we have eaten so will see how things go Mojo is very much in the bad books at the moment.

20220114_142046.jpg 20220114_142044.jpg
Pics taken about 40 mins before Mojo lost the plot.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Wow! Tiny little dinosaur, huh? Mojo be nice!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no Mojo don't hurt your sister like that!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no Mojo don't hurt your sister like that!
She has had a bath and a nap so hopefully in a better mood when they come out soon.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi loves her coconut toybox but gets frustrated when she cant get the lid of.
20220114_184138.jpg 20220114_184133.jpg
Good work Keeks but i will be repairing it tommorow with leather rope cant make it to easy for her.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thankfully normal service has resumed best of friends again.

20220114_202313.jpg

And KeeK worked out what to do with the foraging tube Mojo just shouted at it when she couldnt get the treat out.

20220114_201635.jpg 20220114_201553.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Repaired

20220115_184634.jpg

The bottom is always full of wood chips she loves her sammiches in her toybox.

@April i cant say its going strong but it is still going and Mojo still has a little go daily.
It will be getting moved somewhere else in her cage on Tuesday and a lovely new one will be going in and got one for Keeks as well. 20220115_184906.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Repaired

View attachment 401177

The bottom is always full of wood chips she loves her sammiches in her toybox.

@April i cant say its going strong but it is still going and Mojo still has a little go daily.
It will be getting moved somewhere else in her cage on Tuesday and a lovely new one will be going in and got one for Keeks as well. View attachment 401178
Ooh! Man she absolutely destroyed it! Good job little girl! :heart: