• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A few weeks after bringing Mojo home i knew i wanted more conures my wife thought i was mad :nocomment:

I had kept in touch with the breeder i got Mojo from whatsapping him updates and pictures. After a while i gave him a call to ask when his tourqoise pineapples would next be available and arranged to get one from the next clutch of eggs at the beggining of 2022 however i had also noticed he had a yellow side on his website ;)

So i sent a e mail one night and asked if it was still available would he keep it for me.
He gave me a call later in the week to tell me he would.

So plans where put in place so i could bring her home.
Mojo got a new bigger cage and her old cage was moved into my office upstairs and 16 weeks after getting Mojo i travelled to Stoke to pick up KiKi.

20210801_133022.jpg

First thing i encountered is she is a total escape artist if the door is slightly open she is out.

So today i covered everything in the room so i could get the paper from the floor from her cage i had put food and water down there in case she didnt find her bowls.
She was out like a shot 20210801_131135.jpg 20210801_132035.jpg

I added a couple of perches on the outside of her cage as i thought there where limited places for her to land.

20210801_132736.jpg
And then sat on the floor to allow her to have some zoom time and explore a bit i thought the floor was the best option as im 6ft1 and thought this would be less imposing.
Thankfully after a couple of hours she landed on her cage just below the door and headed back inside.
This was more accident than design but was very pleased as i didnt want to have to handle her to get her into the cage ( i had to yesterday wasnt happy about it but was the only option )
I have decided no paper on the floor of the cage this means i can clean it without opening the door all interaction will be through the bars of the cage until i gain her trust i am going to go as slow as needed i believe it was a month before Mojo was first out of her cage.From Daves feedback and what i have seen so far KiKi is a much more nervy bird she is eating and drinking so i will spend several times during the day in the room with her over the next week and then the following week i am back in work so will be 10 hours a day with her for 4 days.
She has been very quiet so i dont know if Mojo is aware she is here she hasnt responded to any of Mojos calls.

Mojo is as usual being a rascal climbing all over me when i clean her cage and well being Mojo.

20210801_134954.jpg

I bought that little block for her as it was full of paper sticks and she loves to destroy them but she really likes to use it as a perch.

Now shes enjoying a Old El Passo Nutriberri in the conservatory whilst i listen to the radio and have a couple of beers.

20210801_140541.jpg 20210801_140616.jpg 20210801_140613.jpg

And just because i can one more of the new member of the Ward clan ( or should that be flock :nocomment: )

20210801_133011.jpg

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kiki sounds delightful! Just make sure to keep him quarantined in a separate room for at least a month

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kiki sounds delightful! Just make sure to keep him quarantined in a separate room for at least a month
Yeah shes in her own room minimum of a month but could be longer as she is very nervy.

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
What gorgeous birds :heart: and so much personality! I love that little tray that Mojo is containing the nutriberry mess in, that's awfully considerate

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I'm sure she'll thrive under your care.

6ft1 and thought this would be less imposing
Birds like to be up high, so they're usually not afraid of tall things :)

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Was just making Mojo and KiKi's chop and Mojo started getting vocal as she does and the from upstairs there was a responce :)

KiKi dived straight into her chop after shouting at me i dont know if she knew what was coming and i was just slow but possitive signs that she is settling in, and they now both know there is another conure in the house exciting times.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
They're both gorgeous! I'm glad it's working out well!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Chilling with Kiki listening to some music after cleaning her cage, she will come across her cage to me if i offer her some millet but wont take it from me i have to leave it on her platform perch.
Have offered her a selection of pellets on top of her seed.
I will have to transition her onto my own seed so will offer her pellets as well whilst doing this.

Whats in there ?

20210802_135506.jpg

Lets have a closer look

20210802_135528.jpg

She wont eat from her bowl while i am in the room at the moment even though she will eat the millet offered she is eating like a champ though destroying her chop.

:excited2: whilst typing this post she jumped onto her water bowl getting as close as she could so offered a piece of millet through the bars.
She run away for a few seconds and then come back and took it from me through the bars im very pleased with things so far.

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
Within my first two weeks with Kiwi, while I was out of the house I got a text from my mother saying Kiwi had somehow escaped and flew her clipped lil butt all the way into the living room! I quickly found out why, and thankfully haven't had any problems, it's been almost a year! :lol:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Within my first two weeks with Kiwi, while I was out of the house I got a text from my mother saying Kiwi had somehow escaped and flew her clipped lil butt all the way into the living room! I quickly found out why, and thankfully haven't had any problems, it's been almost a year! :lol:
There was nothing krafty with KiKi she was just out of the door quick as a flash.
Thankfully today she has remained in the cage.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
She will pick up from Mojo but may always be a nervous nelly. I have a couple like that. But boy when you do get a little attention from the nervous ones, it makes your heart smile.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She will pick up from Mojo but may always be a nervous nelly. I have a couple like that. But boy when you do get a little attention from the nervous ones, it makes your heart smile.
The breeder i got her from said the same i am so pleased i got her :)

She had been on the conures n co website for a while and i kept on pondering on contacting Dave so glad i did now.

I wont ever have a flock as large as your but have totally fallen in love with conures.
Was so enjoyable hearing them calling to each other today i can wait until they meet each other.

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
There was nothing krafty with KiKi she was just out of the door quick as a flash.
Thankfully today she has remained in the cage.
That's good she's behaving today! I think Kiwi's was a gap between the bottom cage grate and the legs of the cage, I just have to push it in all the way to the back and use the flippy thing to keep it there!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went to sit with KiKi as soon a got to her room she heard Mojo and she responed loudly going over to the corner of her cage nearest the door.
I didnt have my phone to video her :nocomment:

So next take my phone its as if they know your going to film them so just a few calls from Mojo and KiKi answering but i not as loud.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just given Kiki her evening chop and sitting with her while she eats my wife is keeping Mojo occupied.
I do feel a little guilty when i sit with one of them and the other is calling me but its not forever.
KiKi is happy to eat with me sitting with her now and has a bit more confidence but its early days still.

Just as Mojo is coming to the end of her moult Kiki starting.

20210804_190632.jpg

20210804_190648.jpg

Just like Mojo she likes to stand on her bowl when eating.

She is a fair bit smaller than Mojo Dave told me yellow sides generally are @FiatLux @webchirp how heavy is Pitchy and your yellowsides webchirp ? Just so i have some indication.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just eaten her chop and then decided she needed to clean herself up.

20210804_193515.jpg 20210804_193552.jpg 20210804_193625.jpg 20210804_193636.jpg

So pleased i was sitting with her when she decided to have her first bath at our house.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Giggie is 65-66 and Zia runs a bit heavier around 70-72. If she is young, she will also gain a bit of weight as she ages.