• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just found this thread!

Wardy !!! What a wonderful set up, love it so much. Mojo and Kiki are beautiful :strhng:
Thank you i am obviously biased but they are two beautiful birds

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
KiKi enyoying a bath

http://instagr.am/p/CVV0SlFAEfv/
She bathes daily thankfully as she poo's all over her platform perch and then lies in it need to either buy more and change a couple of times a day or buy another long manzita platform. She likes to lie on her platform but im washing it 2 or 3 times a day.
Looks just like Pippen when she jumps into the exact same bowl in a similar spot in her similar house :xflove:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Such cuties.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi spends all of her out of cage time either on top of her cage or on the playstand she really doesnt interact with me or my wife even though she does occasionaly step up for my wife.
Well today she got all brave she flew down from her cage to the couch and sat next to me for about an hour.

20211023_163340.jpg 20211023_163447.jpg 20211023_163449.jpg

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
She looks happy to just be close to you so that's a start. Pippen likes to hang out with sister eventually when she's out but doesn't want to go in and will start biting if it's not her idea. You have to be careful how you approach her as she'll want scritches then decide the finger is evil and bite it.
I bet eventually she'll want scritches too but she's slowly deciding your trustworthy to hang out with close by and the rest will follow as she gets feeling comfy and safe.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi has 1 large jave perch , 1 long manzita platform perch , 1 platform perch , 1 contoured dowel perch , 2 flagstone perches and she likes to settle down for the night on her beakstone.

20211025_204823.jpg

:nocomment:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Of course, the smallest one in the house! :lol:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My BCC sleeps in a cardboard tube that he has "modified" with a slit for his tail he also goes on there to sulk

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
I think the most important thing for her is adventure. She loves excitement.:laugh:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
KiKi has 1 large jave perch , 1 long manzita platform perch , 1 platform perch , 1 contoured dowel perch , 2 flagstone perches and she likes to settle down for the night on her beakstone.

View attachment 395217

:nocomment:
OMG :facepalm:
Drives me insane when I think my birds are uncomfortable. I would turn the beak stone the other direction. :facepalm:

Of course... that's our mindset. If they weren't comfortable they wouldn't be doing it with better options, right? :laugh:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I don't think I've actually heard of a beak stone before it's different than cuttlebone?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo sleep on top of her seagrass foraging mat
OMG :facepalm:
Drives me insane when I think my birds are uncomfortable. I would turn the beak stone the other direction. :facepalm:

Of course... that's our mindset. If they weren't comfortable they wouldn't be doing it with better options, right? :laugh:
She does use it for her beak i was actually going to move them both closer to there food bowls i thought " i bet if i move them by there bowls they will use them more " KiKi's wont be getting moved now :lol: she actually attacks it with her beak before climbing up on it to settle down for the night.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think I've actually heard of a beak stone before it's different than cuttlebone?
Yeah its a stone from like the flagstone perches

Misc

I dont think Sarah had sleeping birds in mind when she made them though. :nocomment:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think the most important thing for her is adventure. She loves excitement.:laugh:
I think it has really taken her a long time to settle in, i think all the time she spends with Mojo has helped she is still so nervous but we are really starting to see her own personality now.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So KiKi sleeps on her beakstone :nocomment:
It now looks like she is doing a tour of the flagstone perches this is her checking out Mojos door perch.

20211027_180655.jpg

60 seconds after this pic was taken there was a frantic ball of feathers and they needed seperating.

They then look like they arent talking

20211024_135920.jpg

Normal service resumed

20211026_144837.jpg

I have got to say this is the first time i have seen a real ruck between them both.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
It's so great that they are friends! (and both female) I'd really like to get a friend for my conure but I'm just not willing to risk them not getting along. Overall it would be so good for him though!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's so great that they are friends! (and both female) I'd really like to get a friend for my conure but I'm just not willing to risk them not getting along. Overall it would be so good for him though!
As soon as i brought Mojo home i knew i was going to get another conure i know i have been extremely lucky that they get on together however i was still prepared for them not to get along outside of the cage with each other. I have had nervous times when i was initially introducing them to each other and was all a massive learning curve and i am still learning daily.
Would i do it again ? yeah i would i am planning on getting more conures i know this will potentially change the dynamic of everything i will plan as best i can for this though but i am not in a rush at the moment and will see how things go with my feathered spitfire and kicker ( there nicknames )

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pippen usually cuddles under a paper and wood chew toy so she feels protected and it rubs her head while she sleeps.
Opie has his no-pill fleece preening toy that he nestled under to sleep! Conures :xflove: