• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
KiKi is actually just over a month older than Mojo is just got Mojo first.
Mojo is much bigger than KiKi in height and weight with KiKi coming in at 65 grams and Mojo 77 grams and KiKi is going through a moult so Mojo has been preening her a lot more than KiKi preens her.
I wouldnt consider Mojo more dominant when KiKi has had enough she soon gets rid of Mojo, last night Mojo got chased by her and come and sat and played with me for the last hour of the night before bedtime.

I dont know if i would say one or the other was dominant.
View attachment 394426 View attachment 394427 View attachment 394428 View attachment 394429 View attachment 394430
Few pics of KiKi preening Mojo and Mojo not looking as overpowering.
Ah that makes sense —based on who needs preening. Kind of aligns with the article you posted recently.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ah that makes sense —based on who needs preening. Kind of aligns with the article you posted recently.
I cant remember what i posted recently :bash:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some bits arrived

Vet wrap so i could give the playstand a overhaul and clean it up. And some paper cups to make some foraging cups for the girls for both there playstand and their cages.
I have only used the top half of there playstand this time round as the bottom half rarely got used by Mojo and just became filthy the uncovered pipe will be much easier to clean. I also wanted to make it easier for KiKi to get about on she isnt the most confident climber hopefully this does the trick.

20211013_192044.jpg
I have put 3 foraging cups on it to try and get them foraging outside of there cages.

I have then made a couple of cups for each of them for there cages.
KiKi's have got nutriberries in she only forages a little bit so finding one of them will be a little easier.
Mojo has got some pumpkin seed and Roudybush maintenance mini pellets to make things a little bit more challenging.

20211013_191556.jpg

Hopefully the girls will enjoy them

20211013_192708.jpg 20211013_192715.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Mojo and Kiki are both so beautiful, and obviously smart too.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
http://instagr.am/p/CVD0CqsAYGy/

I feel so lucky that Mojo and KiKi have taken to each other they really do love each others company.
Mojo flys to me and my wife periodically to check in but soon heads back to KiKi.

KiKi is still very nervy she did put one foot on my finger last night sometimes its all about little steps "no pun intended "

We gave Mojo the nickname the feathered spitfire due to her zoomie skills KiKi is now the feathered bomber her flying has improved massively.
Me and my wife sat and watched them both zoom around together earlier unbelievable to watch such awareness and control.
Mojo gets so close her wings touch you as she flys past.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Dobby likes to touch us with his wings as he flies past us too. I don't think Pippin is a confident enough flyer to do it on purpose yet and the Foster's have never flown while here and I'm not even sure they've ever been out of their cages. :(

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My wife has been working hard with KiKi as she is such a nervy little thing.

Tonight this happened

20211016_192221.jpg

She stepped up onto her arm took some nutriberrie then my wife then moved her arm back to the top of KiKi's cage so she could jump off.
She stepped up three times for her.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Oh my goodness! That video is priceless!! :faint::faint:
:heart::heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Careful, Pippen is so nippy sometimes she jumps on fine and is a perfect little girl, other times she jumps on and bites me the minute I offer to touch her and latches on. have to read her mood and act accordingly but it's so nice when she decides I'm allowed to interact with her and give scritches :xflove:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Careful, Pippen is so nippy sometimes she jumps on fine and is a perfect little girl, other times she jumps on and bites me the minute I offer to touch her and latches on. have to read her mood and act accordingly but it's so nice when she decides I'm allowed to interact with her and give scritches :xflove:
It will be my wife she bites not me
:loltears:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whilst checking out a thread by @April i commented on some really nice stone platform perches she had got from

Welcome to Seriously Nutz - Bird Toys For Serious Chewers!

She commented how good they where and said i should get some however being from the UK i didnt think there would be much chance but sent a e mail asking the question anyway.

Well this morning a well packaged box arrived from the USA :)

20211018_101410.jpg

4 really nice platform perches 2 off the smallest ones for KiKi and 2 small ones for Mojo :)
Whilst making my order i also noticed beak stones so added a couple of them to the order as well. I am really pleased with them all and looking forward to putting them in the girls cages tommorow.

Massive thanks to @Macawnutz agreeing to send them to the UK for me and responding to numerous e mails and giving quotes on postage and giving service that was second to non.
Thanks again Sarah much appreciated

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whilst checking out a thread by @April i commented on some really nice stone platform perches she had got from

She commented how good they where and said i should get some however being from the UK i didnt think there would be much chance but sent a e mail asking the question anyway.

View attachment 394825

4 really nice platform perches 2 off the smallest ones for KiKi and 2 small ones for Mojo :)
Whilst making my order i also noticed beak stones so added a couple of them to the order as well. I am really pleased with them all and looking forward to putting them in the girls cages tommorow.

Massive thanks to @Macawnutz agreeing to send them to the UK for me and responding to numerous e mails and giving quotes on postage and giving service that was second to non.
Yay! I'm so glad that you got some! They are absolutely beautiful and I just know the girls are going to love them! Sarah really is the best,I've emailed and PM'd her so many times about various goodies I've wanted to get some custom and she is never anything but kind and helpful. :heart: I can't wait to see pics of your girls on them,I just know they are gonna be a hit.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

View attachment 394825

OH YAY! :ups:

I was a little worried being a small but heavy package making that distance in one piece. I was also more worried that if customs opened it that they would put it back together the way I had it!

Super glad it arrived and even happier that it traveled so quickly. I hope they love them for the extra effort we both put in.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay! I'm so glad that you got some! They are absolutely beautiful and I just know the girls are going to love them! Sarah really is the best,I've emailed and PM'd her so many times about various goodies I've wanted to get some custom and she is never anything but kind and helpful. :heart: I can't wait to see pics of your girls on them,I just know they are gonna be a hit.
I have got to say i am loving the beakstones as well really glad i noticed them.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OH YAY! :ups:

I was a little worried being a small but heavy package making that distance in one piece. I was also more worried that if customs opened it that they would put it back together the way I had it!

Super glad it arrived and even happier that it traveled so quickly. I hope they love them for the extra effort we both put in.
Again cant thank you enough i know You put a lot of time into researching the tax etc.
And cant fault the speed you got them to me quicker than a UK vendor has got a order to me that i ordered 2 days before these.
I am sure the girls will love them as much as i do if not more.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi enyoying a bath

http://instagr.am/p/CVV0SlFAEfv/
She bathes daily thankfully as she poo's all over her platform perch and then lies in it need to either buy more and change a couple of times a day or buy another long manzita platform. She likes to lie on her platform but im washing it 2 or 3 times a day.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I just found this thread!

Wardy !!! What a wonderful set up, love it so much. Mojo and Kiki are beautiful :strhng: