• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKI was out on her own this evening she doesnt fly about much unless Mojo is out and then she follows Mojo about ( unless Mojo is on the couch with us and then she doesnt bother just stays on top of Mojos cage )

2 of my grandchildren turned up earlier than anticipated :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

My wife went the door to let them with instructions they can't come in the living room i was trying to get KiKI to step up asking her to go back in her cage and then she suddenly flew down onto her door and i was able to shut it with her hanging on the inside.

She is still a nery little thing but coming on in leaps and bounds so pleased i got her so she wasnt put back into the aviary for breeding she has a completely different personality than Mojo however she is becoming more confident albeit in small steps.

I had to replace the rope string that was hanging her little cereal foaging box for leather, i had to learn to tie a more robust knot as she just unties them so i thought all good she just tore the box to shreds :laughing6:

I dont think she is going to be the velcro bird Mojo is but she is her own little self and she makes me smile so much i do think the nerves will lessen as she learns so much from Mojo however i dont think she will be coming to us for scritches anytime soon.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
After Steves post decided to let KiKi out what's the worst thing can happen ?

http://instagr.am/p/CUar830AERN/
Both back in there cages now

View attachment 393684 View attachment 393685 View attachment 393686

KIki followed Mojo everywhere
Oh my god I’m off the web for a week or two and this happens!! These photos are amazing! Prompted my first serious consideration of getting a second GCC. Promptly squashed by my husband’s response: “sure you can get another bird —as soon as you get rid of one of the dogs!” He’s kidding of course —kind of : )
I’m so happy for all of you. You and your wife have done such a great job and Mojo and Kiki seem so happy. Congratulations. Brilliant as you would say : )

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Much more relaxed with each other now and KiKi's flying is much improved.
KiKi is now making her own way back into her cage if i put a sunflower seed on the block perch on her door and one on her platform perch.

20211003_111425.jpg 20211003_111224.jpg 20211003_111205.jpg

derin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Derin
A few weeks after bringing Mojo home i knew i wanted more conures my wife thought i was mad :nocomment:

I had kept in touch with the breeder i got Mojo from whatsapping him updates and pictures. After a while i gave him a call to ask when his tourqoise pineapples would next be available and arranged to get one from the next clutch of eggs at the beggining of 2022 however i had also noticed he had a yellow side on his website ;)

So i sent a e mail one night and asked if it was still available would he keep it for me.
He gave me a call later in the week to tell me he would.

So plans where put in place so i could bring her home.
Mojo got a new bigger cage and her old cage was moved into my office upstairs and 16 weeks after getting Mojo i travelled to Stoke to pick up KiKi.

View attachment 390197

First thing i encountered is she is a total escape artist if the door is slightly open she is out.

So today i covered everything in the room so i could get the paper from the floor from her cage i had put food and water down there in case she didnt find her bowls.
She was out like a shot View attachment 390198 View attachment 390199

I added a couple of perches on the outside of her cage as i thought there where limited places for her to land.

View attachment 390200
And then sat on the floor to allow her to have some zoom time and explore a bit i thought the floor was the best option as im 6ft1 and thought this would be less imposing.
Thankfully after a couple of hours she landed on her cage just below the door and headed back inside.
This was more accident than design but was very pleased as i didnt want to have to handle her to get her into the cage ( i had to yesterday wasnt happy about it but was the only option )
I have decided no paper on the floor of the cage this means i can clean it without opening the door all interaction will be through the bars of the cage until i gain her trust i am going to go as slow as needed i believe it was a month before Mojo was first out of her cage.From Daves feedback and what i have seen so far KiKi is a much more nervy bird she is eating and drinking so i will spend several times during the day in the room with her over the next week and then the following week i am back in work so will be 10 hours a day with her for 4 days.
She has been very quiet so i dont know if Mojo is aware she is here she hasnt responded to any of Mojos calls.

Mojo is as usual being a rascal climbing all over me when i clean her cage and well being Mojo.

View attachment 390206

I bought that little block for her as it was full of paper sticks and she loves to destroy them but she really likes to use it as a perch.

Now shes enjoying a Old El Passo Nutriberri in the conservatory whilst i listen to the radio and have a couple of beers.

View attachment 390207 View attachment 390208 View attachment 390209

And just because i can one more of the new member of the Ward clan ( or should that be flock :nocomment: )

View attachment 390210
so cute! i think your doing great.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
20211005_160239.jpg 20211005_160049.jpg 20211005_155347.jpg
After giving Mojo some lone out of cage time whilst i cleaned her cage and then doing the same for KiKi i let Mojo back out.
They spent all afternoon with each other happily playing and Mojo preening KiKi.
I had some trouble getting KiKi back in her cage now when i put Mojo in her cage KiKi just takes herself into her cage all by herself this really makes me chuckle.

I am really pleased how they are getting on with each other also KiKi done some zoomies and appears more confident flying now.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 394042 View attachment 394043 View attachment 394044
After giving Mojo some lone out of cage time whilst i cleaned her cage and then doing the same for KiKi i let Mojo back out.
They spent all afternoon with each other happily playing and Mojo preening KiKi.
I had some trouble getting KiKi back in her cage now when i put Mojo in her cage KiKi just takes herself into her cage all by herself this really makes me chuckle.

I am really pleased how they are getting on with each other also KiKi done some zoomies and appears more confident flying now.
This makes me so happy to see! Just goes to show how much they really do benefit from a same species friend if at all possible. Nala my Greenie hated all other birds and would attack them so it was never possible but in Zazu's (CTGCC) case I really think she would have loved having a friend sadly she never got to meet Tobias as I lost her about 3 weeks before getting him while having her bloodwork done but I always wanted so badly for her to have a friendship like this. I love seeing these sweeties together as buddies and happy :heart: :heart:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This makes me so happy to see! Just goes to show how much they really do benefit from a same species friend if at all possible. Nala my Greenie hated all other birds and would attack them so it was never possible but in Zazu's (CTGCC) case I really think she would have loved having a friend sadly she never got to meet Tobias as I lost her about 3 weeks before getting him while having her bloodwork done but I always wanted so badly for her to have a friendship like this. I love seeing these sweeties together as buddies and happy :heart: :heart:
As soon as i got Mojo i knew i wanted to get myself more conures i am so pleased these two appear to be enjoying each others company now.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This has just arrived something a little bit different to add to there food or into there foraging bowls Eddible flowers. 20211006_153230.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
at 11.45 every day we have a team meeting in work for 15 mins on teams as we are all working from home now it's just a oppertunity to touch base raise any issues we are encountering and a bit of a respite from work and have a catch up so today i decided i would introduce Mojo to my team.
I went to get her at about 11.40 brought her upstairs and before i took her into my office i took her into my wifes office so my wife could say hello, my wife greeted Mojo with the usual hello gorgous and Mojo responded with a Hello Mojo
:faint:

I looked at my wife and said did she just before i could finish Hello Mojo :laughing6: it was quite quacky but clear enough to understand i am still in shock

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are both out tonight playing and Mojo decides she has had enough so heads inside KiKi's cage :nocomment:

20211009_203539.jpg 20211009_203558.jpg

Back in her own cage for the night now.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Most of the afternoon Mojo and KiKi have spent with each other Mojo occasionally flying over to me or my wife for a while before returning to KiKi.
When Mojo comes to see us KiKi happily sits on her own watching.

20211010_174418.jpg

After a good few hours Kiki decided to head back into her cage closely followed by Mojo.

20211010_180333.jpg

After a while in KiKis cage Mojo headed back out and i took her back to her own cage.
Both getting on so well together right now.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I love these photos and stories! I’m curious if you know: What does it mean that Mojo’s is consistently above Kiki’s? Is it a signifier of dominance? Mojo is older right?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love these photos and stories! I’m curious if you know: What does it mean that Mojo’s is consistently above Kiki’s? Is it a signifier of dominance? Mojo is older right?
KiKi is actually just over a month older than Mojo is just got Mojo first.
Mojo is much bigger than KiKi in height and weight with KiKi coming in at 65 grams and Mojo 77 grams and KiKi is going through a moult so Mojo has been preening her a lot more than KiKi preens her.
I wouldnt consider Mojo more dominant when KiKi has had enough she soon gets rid of Mojo, last night Mojo got chased by her and come and sat and played with me for the last hour of the night before bedtime.
I dont know if i would say one or the other was dominant.
20211007_193232.jpg 20211007_193249.jpg 20211007_193252.jpg 20211007_193228.jpg 20211007_193225.jpg
Few pics of KiKi preening Mojo and Mojo not looking as overpowering.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi is actually just over a month older than Mojo is just got Mojo first.
Mojo is much bigger than KiKi in height and weight with KiKi coming in at 65 grams and Mojo 77 grams and KiKi is going through a moult so Mojo has been preening her a lot more than KiKi preens her.
I wouldnt consider Mojo more dominant when KiKi has had enough she soon gets rid of Mojo, last night Mojo got chased by her and come and sat and played with me for the last hour of the night before bedtime.
I dont know if i would say one or the other was dominant.
View attachment 394426 View attachment 394427 View attachment 394428 View attachment 394429 View attachment 394430
Few pics of KiKi preening Mojo and Mojo not looking as overpowering.
This pics are just making my heart melt! :heart:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw @Zara Had bought some straws and asked her what her plans where for them and then completely ripped her off.

20211011_133945.jpg
KiKi said thank you Zara she hasnt left it alone since i put it in her house.

20211011_190910.jpg 20211011_190917.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@FiatLux are you still feeding Pitchy Roudybush maintenance crumble ? i have been feeding this alongside Harrisons to Mojo she suddenly stopped eating the Harrisons so i bought Rouybush maintenance pellets and California maintenance and they have gone down a storm with Mojo and KiKI has finally started eating pellets she picked at the crumb but has destroyed the pellets. I should have got a picture but Mojo just left a empty bowl with a bit of dust in it.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Yes! Pitchy also eats his portion and then reduces his leftovers to dust and then I replace it.
Thanks for the posts about nutriberries. It took a little while for him to figure out how to hold on to one but Pitchy loves them so much he will now go in his cage without fuss for the one I drop in his chop bowl! He also has started climbing all the way down to the bottom of his cage for the occasional dropped nutriberry.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Mojo and KiKi are just too cute! :xflove:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! Pitchy also eats his portion and then reduces his leftovers to dust and then I replace it.
Thanks for the posts about nutriberries. It took a little while for him to figure out how to hold on to one but Pitchy loves them so much he will now go in his cage without fuss for the one I drop in his chop bowl! He also has started climbing all the way down to the bottom of his cage for the occasional dropped nutriberry.
Mojo and KiKI play on the floor of there cages a lot now it's funny if Mojo heads down to the floor KiKi follows and visa versa